Feeding a family has never been easier than when you toss a few basic ingredients together and bake up a hot, comforting casserole. But, all the traditional casserole recipes are so been-there-done-that. Rather than get stuck in a rut, try all of these 7 splendid new twists. You’re family with thank you for shaking up [...]
Archive for the ‘veggies’ Tag
This time of year everyone is thinking (and drooling) over a giant roast turkey with all the fixin’s. Well, all of us over at the Family Kitchen are bringing you our favorite turkey recipes that will help you cook the perfect bird and transform it into incredible new recipes – just in time to take [...]
vegan holiday salads This Thanksgiving, you are sure to clear a spot on your holiday table for some delicious greenery, aka a Thanksgiving salad. And if you are taking the time to prep a giant salad bowl, you might as well make it extra fabulous for your guests. And it is also a good idea [...]
Holiday Salad from Golden Door, image credit: Golden Door Image Credit + Recipe Courtesy of Golden Door This Persimmon, Pomegranate, and Tangerine Salad with Roasted Shallot Balsamic Dressing is perfect for the holiday season! Let this elegant array of veggies and fruit grace your table and I promise that everyone will be quite eager to [...]
Although Thanksgiving is known as one of the biggest eating days of the year, the most popular items on a typical holiday dinner table are generally not unhealthy – in fact, some of the most nutrient-dense whole foods commonly make it onto Thanksgiving dinner menus. It makes sense that during the harvest season – the [...]
pumpkin pairings recipes Let me guess, right now you have several cans of pumpkin crowding your pantry. And pumpkin pie can get old pretty fast for an ambitious cook, like you. And while you can easily grasp the flavor simplicity of pumpkin pie, pumpkin pancakes and pumpkin muffins, starting to pair “pumpkin flavor” with other [...]
Winter squash are in season – not only pumpkins, but butternut, Hubbard and acorn squash abound at farmers’ markets, as do sweet potatoes, ready for Thanksgiving tables. All of these beta-carotene rich veggies make fantastic muffins, and there’s no need to open a can. If you find yourself with leftover roasted squash or ...
vegan slow cook recipes Fall and winter are the perfect seasons to pull out your giant, somewhat clunky counter top slow cooker / crockpot and try out some new recipes. These 16 Vegan Slow Cooker Recipes provide a great, healthy-delicious place to start. Try homemade vegan yogurt, peanut mole tofu, spicy lentil chili, easy oatmeal, [...]
Last month I introduced Avery to solid foods. I was so excited when she absolutely devoured the avocado that we gave her as her first food. Over the last month I’ve introduced her to more and more fruits and vegetables and she’s loved all of it. When I had Avery, I told myself that I [...]
As a parent, it’s natural to want to give your children the best, healthiest fare out there — but that doesn’t necessarily mean we always hold ourselves to the same strict standards. We asked some of our Top 100 Mom Food Bloggers what guilty pleasures they sneak in after the kids have gone to bed. From [...]
- 3 hours ago - 14 Adorable star-spangled photos
- 8 hours ago - Do children make you braver?
- 14 hours ago - Glow in the dark party ideas
- 14 hours ago - 10 Middle School Grad Gifts
- 19 hours ago - Boy Scouts to allow gay youth; ban on gay leaders remains
- 19 hours ago - Neanderthal tooth offers clues about breastfeeding
- 19 hours ago - Pregnancy must: Advice from other moms
- 19 hours ago - You know you’ve spent a lot of time on BabyCenter when…
- 19 hours ago - Mother’s Day replaced with "Family Day"?
- 19 hours ago - My baby doesn’t sleep all night and it’s okay
Find us on Facebook
- cialis_professional on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means
- Eugenio on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- cigar gift ideas on Carly Fleischmann, Nonverbal Teen of ‘Carly’s Voice,’ Made to Put Away iPad During Flight
- cialis on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means
- viagra on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means