by Lindsay Weiss posted in Life & Home I don’t spend a lot of time thinking about side dishes. (Honestly, if there’s no chocolate or butter in it I rarely spend any time thinking about it.) But I saw a version of this on Pinterest and my mouth immediately started watering. I figured if I [...]
Archive for the ‘veggies’ Tag
by Denise Cortes posted in Life & Home We are crazy for sushi in my family. Usually, my husband and I try to sneak off by ourselves because a sushi dinner tends to be pretty pricey and I just can’t imagine what my bill would be if we brought all six of our kids with [...]
by Denise Cortes posted in Life & Home I’ve never met a quiche I didn’t like. If there is one thing I have a weakness for, it’s quiche. Yummy, cheesy, fluffy quiche is so, so good. Doesn’t matter what kind of veggie you put in it…doesn’t matter what kind of cheese you shred in it–I’m [...]
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories There have been times when I could honestly say I’d rather throw myself off a bridge while sticking needles in my eyes than make another bag lunch. Thankfully, I’ll never have to go through with this threat, because, one dark afternoon in the middle of darkest dreary winter [...]
Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Vanilla Blueberry Waffles Makes 10 waffles • Prep Time: 5 minutes, plus 5 minutes resting time for the batter • Cook Time: 3 to 4 minutesMy DIY All-Purpose Baking Mix (see below) means starting the day with hot, homemade waffles is easier than ever. Leftovers make for a quick breakfast on [...]
by Denise Cortes posted in Life & Home Do you remember waking up to the aroma of breakfast as a kid? I’ve always had a hard time waking up in the morning. Some people wake up bright and cheery and can’t wait to tackle their day. Other people are pissed to discover they are still [...]
by Stacy-Ann Gooden posted in Mom Stories Pregnancy side effects run the gamut from heartburn to nausea, and who can forget stretch marks and cankles. My friends and I have had many venting sessions about the strangest symptoms as our bodies prepare for childbirth. The more we chatted, the stranger the side effects became. In [...]
Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Hot Pocket Kids will crave this flavorful Grilled Cheesy Broccoli Pocket with Ham from Birds Eye.Serves 2 to 4 1 cup Steamfresh Broccoli Florets, cooked according to package directions ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese ½ cup Braeburn or other sweet-tart apple, unpeeled, chopped small ½ cup (2 ounces) ...
Feeding a family has never been easier than when you toss a few basic ingredients together and bake up a hot, comforting casserole. But all the traditional casserole recipes are so been-there-done-that. Rather than get stuck in a rut, try all of these 7 splendid new twists. Your family with thank you for shaking up [...]
Okay. Do you see it up there? In that photo? The buttery, streusel-topped Chicken Pot Pie? How about the Lasagna Pot Pie? Or the Pizza Pot Pie? Yep. All of those recipes are ready to be yours. Join us after the jump for all the very best Pot Pie recipes on the web, which are [...]
- 2 days ago - 12 Kid Beachwear Basics
- 8 days ago - Summer Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 11 days ago - Tiger parenting study: Kids do better with less coercion & more positive parenting
- 11 days ago - The funniest words my kid mispronounces
- 11 days ago - 5 simple ways to show grandparents you care
- 11 days ago - Tiny handprints – what will you miss as they grow?
- 11 days ago - 54 reasons my kid won’t go to sleep
- 11 days ago - 10 mom-tested tips for curing for a bad diaper rash
- 11 days ago - My kids can’t have the same childhood I had
- 11 days ago - Talking with your kids about depression
Find us on Facebook
- hunting gifts for dad on 4 eco-awesome Mother’s Day gifts
- savingsdaily.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?