by Stacie Lewis posted in Mom Stories “Ohhhhhh bathy-bathy-bathy-bathy-wath” is spirited song I composed to sing to my toddler before his bath at night. (I use the word “compose” loosely, but Beyonce you know who to call when it’s time to write your next album.) Lately, he doesn’t race around in a frenzy of ...
Archive for the ‘toddlers’ Tag
by Dr. Lisa Dana posted in Mom Stories Milk, a staple of childhood, is being re-evaluated. Milk is a great source of calcium and vitamin D, but it is an iron-poor food. Researchers from the University of Toronto evaluated more than 1300 children, and found that iron stores decrease as milk intake increases. Low iron [...]
by Erin Lane posted in Mom Stories Raising kids is tricky. There’s simply no way around that. As soon as we get one thing down, there’s another new life skill or development we have to worry about. With the new Grow Project, BabyCenter takes a look at the crucial growth years of toddlers and preschoolers, arming moms with ...
by Carolyn Robertson posted in Mom Stories They’ve been called lunatics and weirdos, the practice labeled just plain ‘gross,’ but that’s not about to stop the growing number of parents who swear by letting their little ones go diaper-free. Known officially as elimination communication, it isn’t exactly a new trend ...
by Gwen Dewar, Ph.D. posted in Mom Stories In every day talk, “permissive” might mean lots of things. Letting kids play in the mud, allowing them to climb the “wrong” way up the slide, permitting them to choose their own, rather odd, combination of clothes for school. As I’ve argued elsewhere, granting children this kind [...]
by Stacie Lewis posted in Mom Stories On a rare afternoon of freedom, my husband and I took ourselves and a mountain of school books to grade, off to a coffee shop a few streets down the road from us. That’s what we teachers do on our afternoons off. Pathetic, I know. My husband and [...]
by Chris Cook posted in Mom Stories Susan officially made her daycare transition from infant classroom to toddler classroom this week, and as we’re quickly discovering, the toddler classroom is completely different from the infant room. With the new nap schedule, more advanced activities and “more aggressive” classmates, ...
by Gwen Dewar, Ph.D. posted in Mom Stories It was a research bombshell. After analyzing everyday talk between 42 parents and their babies, Betty Hart and Todd Risley discovered vast differences between families. While all parents engaged in “business talk” with their babies (stuff like “come here,” “give that to me,” or “put that ...
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories When all else fails, tough love gets results. Munchkin, a California company specializing in “kids products that excite,” has introduced a new line of non-toxic soaps that are safe and gentle enough to wash your child’s mouth out with but still get the message across that sassy, ...
Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Hello Kitty, Hello Spring Hello Kitty, hello seasonal fun! This colorful board book depicts our favorite star and her cast of friends enjoying all that spring has to offer: butterflies, baseball and more! With sparse text and irresistible original scenic art, this book is part of the newest series of Hello [...]
- 1 day ago - 12 Kid Beachwear Basics
- 7 days ago - Summer Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 10 days ago - Tiger parenting study: Kids do better with less coercion & more positive parenting
- 10 days ago - The funniest words my kid mispronounces
- 10 days ago - 5 simple ways to show grandparents you care
- 10 days ago - Tiny handprints – what will you miss as they grow?
- 10 days ago - 54 reasons my kid won’t go to sleep
- 10 days ago - 10 mom-tested tips for curing for a bad diaper rash
- 10 days ago - My kids can’t have the same childhood I had
- 10 days ago - Talking with your kids about depression
Find us on Facebook
- hunting gifts for dad on 4 eco-awesome Mother’s Day gifts
- savingsdaily.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?