by Kristen Chase posted in Mom Stories With Sheryl Sandberg’s new book Lean In garnering enormous attention in the media, it’s not surprise that we’re somehow back to the whole working mom vs. stay-at-home-mom argument. But this time it’s not the moms going at it, apparently it’s the dads who have an opinion on ...
Archive for the ‘surprise’ Tag
by Carolyn Robertson posted in Mom Stories First-time mom Jade King had a very big delivery room surprise last month when her son George arrived weighing a whopping 15lbs and 7oz! That would be somewhat astounding on its own, but add to that the fact that Jade delivered her baby boy vaginally after 16 hours [...]
by Kami Bigler posted in Life & Home Here’s your last minute go-to list for all you moms who (like me) are still trying to figure out what to put in all those eggs for the Easter egg hunt and in the baskets. I know so many of you are in need of non-candy ideas [...]
by Charlie Brooks posted in Mom Stories If you look at popular media from a generation or two ago, you see men who are largely removed from the birthing process. There are images of expectant fathers pacing in the waiting room or, in times long past, chain smoking at the hospital. Maybe it shouldn’t be [...]
by BabyCenter Guest Blogger posted in Mom Stories By Lynda Lopez This post is part of the Global Mom Relay. Every time you share this blog, $5 will go to women and girls around the world. Scroll to the bottom to find out more. Here’s the first thing I realized once I knew I was [...]
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories It’s long been suspected that handing out pacifiers in hospitals was akin to telling a mom not to bother with breastfeeding. The restriction of pacifiers is on the list of ten steps hospitals must follow before they can call themselves “baby friendly.” Step 9: Give no pacifiers or [...]
Image: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Veggie Delight Join your child in learning valuable hands-on skills with the Playme Toy Pluck Carrot. The nifty trinket features different activities for your kid to enjoy, including memory games, color matching as well as simple cutting and shaping of toy carrots. It’ll provide hours of ...
by Jennifer Borget posted in Mom Stories No one believed me when I said I wasn’t going to find out the sex of my baby this time around. My friends know how much of a planner I am, and they remember how I counted down the days ‘til the big gender reveal with my first. [...]
by Charlie Brooks posted in Life & Home You know what can be fun? Taking a 10-hour road trip with a toddler. No, seriously. It can be…as long as you’re prepared. My wife Sarah and I recently took a vacation that brought us from frigid yet cozy Vermont all the way down to Maryland. Accompanying [...]
Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Who’s on First? Your kid will have a great laugh reading this picture book based on the hilarious comedy sketch perfected by Abott and Costello. Follow along with Bear and Rabbit as they try to figure out who exactly is on first base in this classic baseball scene (8 and up, [...]
- 1 day ago - 12 Kid Beachwear Basics
- 7 days ago - Summer Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 11 days ago - Tiger parenting study: Kids do better with less coercion & more positive parenting
- 11 days ago - The funniest words my kid mispronounces
- 11 days ago - 5 simple ways to show grandparents you care
- 11 days ago - Tiny handprints – what will you miss as they grow?
- 11 days ago - 54 reasons my kid won’t go to sleep
- 11 days ago - 10 mom-tested tips for curing for a bad diaper rash
- 11 days ago - My kids can’t have the same childhood I had
- 11 days ago - Talking with your kids about depression
Find us on Facebook
- hunting gifts for dad on 4 eco-awesome Mother’s Day gifts
- savingsdaily.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?