by Amy Hatch posted in Mom Stories In 2006, my husband and I moved 700 miles away from our extended families so he could pursue graduate studies in the midwest, and if we want to spend Christmas with grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins, that means we have to travel. So we do. We load up [...]
Archive for the ‘socks’ Tag
Ever wonder who would star as you in the movie of your life? Whether it’s during your “working mom hero moments”, like when you get your kids off to school on time (with no tears), make the meeting on time, and deliver the proposal that knocks your boss’s socks off. Or, maybe in the less [...]
Unfortunately, I can’t quite do your Christmas shopping for you. However, I can point you in the right direction find the best place to shop for the foodie in your life. These are so of my absolute FAVORITE spots and I hope you find them as inspiring as I do. On all of these websites [...]
by Jenni Buckley posted in Mom Stories Pregnancy makes it very easy to complain, at least for me. I know there are women out there that feel amazing throughout their entire pregnancy, and although I’m giving those women dirty looks through my computer screen, I’m quite happy for you. The second trimester has been pretty [...]
by Sara McGinnis posted in Mom Stories Black Friday is bucking tradition, daring bargain shoppers to ditch family time in favor of spending dollars. As word spreads that Target, Walmart, Kmart and many other retailers will be open Thanksgiving Day, the question is quickly becoming — do we want them to be? Here’s a look [...]
by Sabrina Garibian posted in Mom Stories “Good morning,” I croaked out as I stumbled over to the bathroom. I could hardly get the words out before I coughed again, remembering the night before. I had spent half the night coughing and the other half sucking on cough drops while trying to sleep sitting up. [...]
As much as I love the merriment of the holidays, there are always a ton of things to get done. I like to get as much of the shopping portion done as soon as possible so that I can sit back and enjoy the festivities that come our way. Especially since this will be Elvie’s [...]
Don't take that thumb, lady. It's mine! Babies can have surprisingly strong opinions about things. This can be awesomely funny when it comes to the faces they make when they try new solid foods. Seriously, a grossed out face on a baby? Hilarious. But sometimes babies get angry about things that seem insignificant to grown [...]
For weeks I have been in a funk when it has come to my appearance. During my pregnancy everyone told me how beautiful I looked and while I didn’t feel beautiful because I was always nauseous or dizzy for the 39 weeks I was pregnant, I happily embraced my growing belly and even wore tight [...]
A young Audrey Hepburn? I’m pretty sure my older daughter Petunia, 4, is mine because I was there in the delivery room when they cut her out of my belly. However, given that there was curtain separating my head from the rest of my body and I didn’t actually see her until, like, a minute [...]
- 1 day ago - 12 Kid Beachwear Basics
- 7 days ago - Summer Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 10 days ago - Tiger parenting study: Kids do better with less coercion & more positive parenting
- 10 days ago - The funniest words my kid mispronounces
- 10 days ago - 5 simple ways to show grandparents you care
- 10 days ago - Tiny handprints – what will you miss as they grow?
- 10 days ago - 54 reasons my kid won’t go to sleep
- 10 days ago - 10 mom-tested tips for curing for a bad diaper rash
- 10 days ago - My kids can’t have the same childhood I had
- 10 days ago - Talking with your kids about depression
Find us on Facebook
- hunting gifts for dad on 4 eco-awesome Mother’s Day gifts
- savingsdaily.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?