by Lindsay Weiss posted in Life & Home I feel like we are forever attending barbecues where the host says, “Bring a side dish!” It makes sense really, if they’re kind enough to provide the main course, the least we can do is bring something to eat with it. But the request never fails to [...]
Archive for the ‘recipe’ Tag
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories While nonprofits like Save the Children are tirelessly working to solve the problem of global childhood malnutrition, we here in the promised land are debating the pros and cons of paying our kids, Heidi Klum style, to eat their vegetables. I’m not above bribery. I’ve resorted to it [...]
by Leah Speer posted in Life & Home Tested on my own children, these taste just like the Starbuck’s birthday cake pops! It has been my go-to recipe (see below) for almost every celebration I have been asked to bring something yummy to since my son’s police-themed birthday last November. They look intimidating to a [...]
As your pregnancy bump grows, so does your appetite! Don’t let your increasing hunger and weird cravings send you into junk-food frenzy. Make sure you are still consuming healthy, nutritious meals throughout your pregnancy. Having a few recipes on hand doesn’t hurt! Here’s a few to get your recipe collection started. Read ...
by Jamielyn Nye posted in Life & Home Camping season is just around the corner, and my absolute favorite thing about camping is making s’mores. Who doesn’t love roasting marshmallows around the camp fire? I’ve noticed that s’mores-themed desserts have become quite popular on Pinterest. Bloggers are bringing the ...
by Lindsay Weiss posted in Life & Home I made these brown butter snickerdoodles last year and loved, loved, loved the flavor of them but didn’t love that they came out so thin. I tried all my remedies for flat cookie syndrome, but they never quite thickened up like a snickerdoodle should. Since last month’s [...]
by Jamielyn Nye posted in Life & Home Today I have a healthy and delicious smoothie recipe to share with you. My whole family loves smoothies, so we are always trying out new recipes. They are great because my kids think they are having ice cream when in reality they are drinking their fruits for [...]
Photo by: Working Mother Editor Pesto Chicken Sandwiches Serves 4 • Prep Time: 7 to 10 minutes • Cook Time: 10 to 16 minutesThe smoky flavor of grilled chicken is a perfect match for the powerful punch of basil pesto in this sandwich. Make It Your Own: Swap in Swiss or fresh mozzarella cheese for [...]
by Lindsay Weiss posted in Life & Home We are in the middle of a Dr. Seuss-themed Teacher Appreciation week at our school. Besides the obvious green eggs and ham, I needed to think of some theme appropriate food for our big luncheon. Two of our little friends dressed up as Thing 1 and Thing [...]
by Kami Bigler posted in Life & Home The older I get, the more I love bananas in dessert, and lately, I seem to see them everywhere! Isn’t that how it goes?! It’s like when you buy a red volkswagon beetle and then you now seem to see your same car all around town. Well, [...]
- 2 days ago - 12 Kid Beachwear Basics
- 8 days ago - Summer Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 11 days ago - Tiger parenting study: Kids do better with less coercion & more positive parenting
- 11 days ago - The funniest words my kid mispronounces
- 11 days ago - 5 simple ways to show grandparents you care
- 11 days ago - Tiny handprints – what will you miss as they grow?
- 11 days ago - 54 reasons my kid won’t go to sleep
- 11 days ago - 10 mom-tested tips for curing for a bad diaper rash
- 11 days ago - My kids can’t have the same childhood I had
- 11 days ago - Talking with your kids about depression
Find us on Facebook
- hunting gifts for dad on 4 eco-awesome Mother’s Day gifts
- savingsdaily.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?