by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories Staying healthy while pregnant can be challenging. Now scientists are saying that coming down with the flu during pregnancy could be more than just a nuisance. A study funded by the National Institute of Health showed that children whose mothers had the flu while pregnant were four times [...]
Archive for the ‘pregnancy’ Tag
by Melissa Byers posted in Mom Stories There are some parts of pregnancy and childbirth that forever leave an imprint on your brain. Some of them earn that spot because they were remarkably wonderful and others…not so much. There were times, when I was pregnant, that I wished I could hand it all off to [...]
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories I had the privilege of seeing singer/philanthropist, Jennifer Lopez, up close and personal at the first-ever United Nations Foundation Mom+Social: A global movement for mothers, in New York City today. Lopez talked about her non-profit, The Lopez Family Foundation. She also talked about knowing that her ...
Two pink lines moved across the screen. You gulp, rub your eyes and look again. "Pregnant?" you think. "Really? I’m pregnant!" you squeal in delight. Hmmm… now what? You never got this far before. What comes next? <strong>Contact your doctor</strong> Read more from ...
by Carolyn Robertson posted in Mom Stories Seventeen-year-old Caitlin Tiller will be graduating from high school this year, just a couple of months after her son celebrated his 1st birthday. But unlike her classmates at North Carolina’s Wheatmore High School, Caitlin won’t have a photo in the year book to look back on. When it [...]
During pregnancy your hormones throw everything off, and that includes your hair. You’ve heard about the <a href="/page/2420/">glow of pregnancy</a>, which is when your skin has a nice sheen due to increased oil production. However for some people that glow becomes acne. The same is true with hair, the hormonal ...
by Jennifer Borget posted in Mom Stories As soon as the pee dried on the stick and informed me I was having a baby, I was eager to find a fun way to document my pregnancy. In fact, I brainstormed several ideas and shared some of the ideas I came up with. But no matter [...]
Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Bounce, Bounce, Baby The new Soft Bouncer Balance from BabyBjorn not only provides head and neck support for little ones, but it also helps to develop their balance and motor skills. No batteries are needed for this natural rocker ($200, babybjorn.com). Photo by: workingmother.com ...
Cramps seem to always be a part of a woman’s life, and even though you are no longer having your period, cramps may be around still. <strong>Cramping In Early Pregnancy</strong> Read more from source:“thebabycorner.com”
A new study published in BJOG: International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology on April 7, 2013 has found no negative impact on children at age 7 who were born to women who were light drinkers during pregnancy. The study followed 10,534 7 year olds to look into cognitive and behavioral outcomes. The study was conducted [...]
- 2 hours ago - Memorial Day treat: Grilled strawberries and ice cream
- 2 hours ago - Kid craft: Easy stars & stripes necklace
- 9 hours ago - 5 ways to keep a toddler happy on a road trip
- 9 hours ago - A surprising pregnancy side effect
- 17 hours ago - I can’t deal right now, so I’m leaving BC for a bit
- 20 hours ago - Headed Home? How to Have Sex at Your Parents’ House
- 20 hours ago - 10 Weird Things You Don’t Know About Disney Theme Parks
- 20 hours ago - 14 Military Homecoming Videos That Will Make You Weep
- 23 hours ago - Camping trip: I let my kids pack their own bags
- 23 hours ago - How to make extra-creamy oatmeal in 10 minutes
Find us on Facebook
- cialis on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means
- viagra on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means
- super on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means
- khaqedafa.livejournal.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- forever living on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).