by BabyCenter Staff posted in Mom Stories We want to thank all of you who supported the Global Mom Relay. Between International Women’s Day and Mother’s Day, the United Nations Foundation and a group of partners harnessed the power of moms and social media by bringing together thought leaders from all over the globe to join a [...]
Archive for the ‘pregnancy’ Tag
by Stacy-Ann Gooden posted in Mom Stories With just two months left of my pregnancy, I’m already thinking about what I’d miss most. The other day my mom said to me, “It looks like you have a month left!” “Gee thanks,” I responded sarcastically. The reality is that I don’t have much longer to go. [...]
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories British midwives, according to this Telegraph UK report, have been advised to use breathalyzer tests at the first antenatal appointment to determine if their patients are smokers. From what I gather, this test is given after women have already been asked if they smoke. My guess would be [...]
by Dina Freeman posted in Mom Stories I’m ashamed to say that I didn’t know much about preeclampsia before the much-talked-about episode of Downton Abbey aired earlier this year in the U.S. (spoiler alert for those who aren’t caught up yet!) This is pretty scary, given the fact that I’ve given birth to two children [...]
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories Staying healthy while pregnant can be challenging. Now scientists are saying that coming down with the flu during pregnancy could be more than just a nuisance. A study funded by the National Institute of Health showed that children whose mothers had the flu while pregnant were four times [...]
by Melissa Byers posted in Mom Stories There are some parts of pregnancy and childbirth that forever leave an imprint on your brain. Some of them earn that spot because they were remarkably wonderful and others…not so much. There were times, when I was pregnant, that I wished I could hand it all off to [...]
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories I had the privilege of seeing singer/philanthropist, Jennifer Lopez, up close and personal at the first-ever United Nations Foundation Mom+Social: A global movement for mothers, in New York City today. Lopez talked about her non-profit, The Lopez Family Foundation. She also talked about knowing that her ...
Two pink lines moved across the screen. You gulp, rub your eyes and look again. "Pregnant?" you think. "Really? I’m pregnant!" you squeal in delight. Hmmm… now what? You never got this far before. What comes next? <strong>Contact your doctor</strong> Read more from ...
by Carolyn Robertson posted in Mom Stories Seventeen-year-old Caitlin Tiller will be graduating from high school this year, just a couple of months after her son celebrated his 1st birthday. But unlike her classmates at North Carolina’s Wheatmore High School, Caitlin won’t have a photo in the year book to look back on. When it [...]
During pregnancy your hormones throw everything off, and that includes your hair. You’ve heard about the <a href="/page/2420/">glow of pregnancy</a>, which is when your skin has a nice sheen due to increased oil production. However for some people that glow becomes acne. The same is true with hair, the hormonal ...
- 3 hours ago - Did anyone make up bedtime stories for you?
- 6 hours ago - Tips for necklace making with kids
- 10 hours ago - 16 Things You May Not Know Are Happening at Daycare
- 10 hours ago - Work After Baby: How Giuliana Rancic and 26 More Moms Did It!
- 10 hours ago - Beyonce Is Pregnant! 10 Baby Name Picks from the Bey Bey Generator
- 13 hours ago - Breastfeeding sexualized by new billboard
- 13 hours ago - Photos: When kids dress themselves
- 15 hours ago - 19 DIY Teacher Gift Ideas That They’ll Really Use
- 15 hours ago - You’re It! 10 Kid Games to Play This Summer
- 15 hours ago - Oh, Dad! Amazingly Awkward Pics You Have to See
Find us on Facebook
- slc-wireless.com on Fall Themed Wedding Cakes
- Consignment Sales on Fall Themed Wedding Cakes
- Get The Best Grades on How Far Would You Go To Help Your Kids Get A Passing Grade? Computer Hacking, Anyone? (VIDEO)
- System Care Antivirus how to remove on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- cialis on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means