by Joey Lombardi posted in Mom Stories Driving to work the other day, I heard a story on NPR about the acceptance of stay-at-home dads. I chuckled and commented to my wife “is this still an issue?” And as if on demand, the radio shouted back at me that only 3.5% of stay-at-home parents are [...]
Archive for the ‘parents’ Tag
by Laura Larsen posted in Mom Stories And neither is my son! I think these mis-perceptions about men come from a greater overall awareness of sexual abuse: how to recognize it, and what to do about it, which really is a great thing. All kids should be taught the difference between good and bad touches, [...]
After Disney debuted a thinner, glammed-up version of Merida, the princess from Brave, ahead of her official coronation as a Disney princess, more than 200,000 parents protested with a petition on Change.org. Read more from source:“ivillage.com”
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories When Ruth Burgos discovered there was no changing table at the Starbucks where she and her husband were ordering coffee, she quickly changed her child’s diaper on the seat next to her. I imagine she hoped no one would notice or care. She was wrong. According to this [...]
by Laura Larsen posted in Mom Stories There’s a picture my mother gave me of myself at about nine months old, standing in my Johnny-Jump-Up, wearing my dad’s cowboy boots. It’s adorable. Trust me. I bet there’s a similar one of you in a photo album somewhere, too! Every child emulates their parents and trying [...]
by Andrea Updyke posted in Mom Stories When you have kids, you naturally want the best for them. Maybe you know that your kid will be better at some things than others and they may not always excel at everything they do. But as a parent, you don’t want them to suffer or deal with [...]
Since the 1950s ultrasounds have given medical professionals and parents a glimpse into the womb not to mention baby’s first portrait. Since then, we’ve come a long way with technology advancing into 3-D images and the even newer 4-D views. <strong> How Does Ultrasound Work in Pregnancy?</strong> Read more from ...
Main Photo: Photo by: Working Mother Editor beach family Think back to the last chunk of together time you carved out for family. Thinking… thinking…hmmm, can you even remember? If you can’t, you’re in good—and big—company. A full 96 percent of parents say they’d love to have even one more hour a week with their [...]
by Gwen Dewar, Ph.D. posted in Mom Stories Is your workplace fair? Studies suggest that perceived unfairness at work puts you at higher risk for developing a variety of health problems – including high blood pressure, diabetes, and depression. It might even contribute to heart attacks. That probably makes sense to most people. And yet [...]
by BabyCenter Guest Blogger posted in Mom Stories By Ariel Nagi, web editor at Cosmopolitan For Latinas A few weeks ago I wrote about my stay-at-home boyfriend, and briefly mentioned that we lived with my parents. Immediately readers chewed me out for being “irresponsible,” and so now I feel as if I have some explaining [...]
- 37 mins ago - 15 Tips for Recording Your Baby’s Firsts on Camera
- 37 mins ago - Risks of Starting solid foods too early
- 42 mins ago - Two Men Reenacting a Toddler Conversation Is Hilariously Creepy
- 42 mins ago - Your Baby’s Summer Bucket List: 20 Fun Things to Try
- 42 mins ago - A Gay Dad on the Boy Scouts Vote: "It’s a Hollow Victory"
- 42 mins ago - Most Graduation Gifts are Lame; These are Not!
- 42 mins ago - Spending the Weekend with the Parents? How to Get It On in a Full House
- 42 mins ago - Military Homecoming Videos That Will Warm Your Heart (Grab a Tissue!)
- 42 mins ago - Book Your Next Vacation: The 17 Best Beaches for Families
- 5 hours ago - Memorial Day treat: Grilled strawberries and ice cream
Find us on Facebook
- cigar gift ideas on Carly Fleischmann, Nonverbal Teen of ‘Carly’s Voice,’ Made to Put Away iPad During Flight
- cialis on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means
- viagra on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means
- super on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means
- khaqedafa.livejournal.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).