by Melissa Byers posted in Mom Stories Guess what?! Social media is making us feel like bad mothers. Remember back in the day when we went to online bulletin boards with an anonymous screen name to talk with other parents about our deep, dark questions and fears? In BabyCenter’s community, which still uses screen names, you often [...]
Archive for the ‘parents’ Tag
by Erin Lane posted in Mom Stories I’m a crier. I always have been. Every emotion that comes out of my body typically ends up being manifested through tears. Sad? Obviously. Angry? Stupid tears leak out every time. Happy? Oh yeah, I cry then too. My husband, on the other hand, is not a crier. [...]
We all watched in horror and disbelief as a huge tornado ripped through the Oklahoma City suburbs, with the confirmed death toll at 51 people, including 20 children. As parents struggle to process the news, it’s hard to know what to say about this tragic event to our kids. We talked to Russell T. Jones, [...]
by Gwen Dewar, Ph.D. posted in Mom Stories In the wake of the devastating tornado in Moore, Okla., we thought it would be helpful to re-post this story from Gwen Dewar. Our deepest sympathies to the families of all of the victims of this terrible disaster. Our hearts are with you today and as you recover. [...]
by Denise Cortes posted in Mom Stories May is Better Sleep Month, and I can’t think of a group of people who need better sleep more than new parents and their babies. My “baby” is already eight years old, but I can vividly remember what it was like to be sleep deprived. Most nights, I [...]
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories Sixteen-year-old Alana Hadley ran her first marathon in Cleveland yesterday. While some are marveling at the competitive grit this North Carolinian teen displays, others question the rationale of someone so young pushing their body so hard. Many major marathons, Boston and New York City included, have ...
It’s hard to imagine that your wrinkled newborn will develop his personality and actually begin interacting with people, but it happens sooner than many parents expect. It only takes a few weeks and your baby begins to respond to your loving touches and affectionate words with his very own affirmation of love — a smile. [...]
by Scott Adler posted in Mom Stories One of the great pleasures in my life is making up stories for Stella and Theo. I love it so much that the other day I told Mrs. Dadler that I want to change my life and hit the road searching out bedtime stories that adults remember being [...]
Despite parent reports and updated childcare logs, many parents still don’t know what really happens at their child’s daycare center. We asked moms who’ve popped by unexpectedly and longtime daycare workers to find out. Some things we learned might disturb you and others, well, you may be pleasantly surprised. Read more from ...
by Chris Cook posted in Mom Stories I love blogging for BabyCenter, but it doesn’t pay the bills so I have what some call a “day job.” In my case, however, it’s actually a day job, night job and sometimes weekend job. I work in college athletics, and a big portion of my duties include [...]
- 1 hour ago - 15 Tips for Recording Your Baby’s Firsts on Camera
- 1 hour ago - Risks of Starting solid foods too early
- 1 hour ago - Two Men Reenacting a Toddler Conversation Is Hilariously Creepy
- 1 hour ago - Your Baby’s Summer Bucket List: 20 Fun Things to Try
- 1 hour ago - A Gay Dad on the Boy Scouts Vote: "It’s a Hollow Victory"
- 1 hour ago - Most Graduation Gifts are Lame; These are Not!
- 1 hour ago - Spending the Weekend with the Parents? How to Get It On in a Full House
- 1 hour ago - Military Homecoming Videos That Will Warm Your Heart (Grab a Tissue!)
- 1 hour ago - Book Your Next Vacation: The 17 Best Beaches for Families
- 5 hours ago - Memorial Day treat: Grilled strawberries and ice cream
Find us on Facebook
- cigar gift ideas on Carly Fleischmann, Nonverbal Teen of ‘Carly’s Voice,’ Made to Put Away iPad During Flight
- cialis on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means
- viagra on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means
- super on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means
- khaqedafa.livejournal.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).