by Molly Balint posted in Mom Stories I count myself pretty lucky that I don’t have to travel very often for my work. But the occasional trip away is inevitable so I’m always finding ways to ease my kids’ anxiety when I have to be gone. Just a few weeks ago I had to travel [...]
Archive for the ‘new york city’ Tag
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories Sixteen-year-old Alana Hadley ran her first marathon in Cleveland yesterday. While some are marveling at the competitive grit this North Carolinian teen displays, others question the rationale of someone so young pushing their body so hard. Many major marathons, Boston and New York City included, have ...
Who wants to wait in long lines with the ordinary riff-raff at Disney World? Not some wealthy New York City moms, who apparently hire a disabled person to pose as a family member so they can skip the line at rides and attractions, according to the New York Post. Read more from source:“ivillage.com”
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories I had the privilege of seeing singer/philanthropist, Jennifer Lopez, up close and personal at the first-ever United Nations Foundation Mom+Social: A global movement for mothers, in New York City today. Lopez talked about her non-profit, The Lopez Family Foundation. She also talked about knowing that her ...
by BabyCenter Staff posted in Mom Stories Today, thousands of the brightest and most passionate people working to improve child, maternal, and reproductive health are gathering together in New York City to share ideas, raise awareness, and inspire action. Mom+Social is a special, one-day gathering hosted by the United Nations Foundation, ...
Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Green by Laura Vaccaro Seeger There are all kinds of green things in the world, but just how many are there? This fun narrative brings its readers on a journey of discovering where the lush color green can be seen—in the forest, in a tropical sea and even on animals (ages 2 and [...]
by Kami Bigler posted in Life & Home Monday was such a sad day with the Boston Marathon bombings. It was one of those days you want to forget, and for so many it will be a day that they will never be able to forget, as so many will have to live with the [...]
Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Hot Pocket Kids will crave this flavorful Grilled Cheesy Broccoli Pocket with Ham from Birds Eye.Serves 2 to 4 1 cup Steamfresh Broccoli Florets, cooked according to package directions ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese ½ cup Braeburn or other sweet-tart apple, unpeeled, chopped small ½ cup (2 ounces) ...
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories For now, if New Yorkers want to indulge in a 44-ounce Coke at the movies, that’s their prerogative. New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s proposed ban on all sodas and sugary soft drinks larger than 16 ounces was blocked yesterday, the day before it was meant to go [...]
by Carolyn Robertson posted in Mom Stories Teen pregnancy is on the decline, and New York City officials are doing their best to make sure that trend continues. Though NYC’s teen pregnancy rate has dropped by 27 percent over the past decade, a press release from the office of Mayor Michael Bloomberg reveals that “there [...]
- 9 mins ago - Glow in the dark party ideas
- 51 mins ago - 10 Middle School Grad Gifts
- 6 hours ago - Boy Scouts to allow gay youth; ban on gay leaders remains
- 6 hours ago - Neanderthal tooth offers clues about breastfeeding
- 6 hours ago - Pregnancy must: Advice from other moms
- 6 hours ago - You know you’ve spent a lot of time on BabyCenter when…
- 6 hours ago - Mother’s Day replaced with "Family Day"?
- 6 hours ago - My baby doesn’t sleep all night and it’s okay
- 6 hours ago - Laundry tips from a crap housekeeper
- 6 hours ago - Summer Maternity Fashion Tips from Liz Lange
Find us on Facebook
- cigar gift ideas on Carly Fleischmann, Nonverbal Teen of ‘Carly’s Voice,’ Made to Put Away iPad During Flight
- cialis on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means
- viagra on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means
- super on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means
- khaqedafa.livejournal.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).