by Andrea Updyke posted in Mom Stories When you have kids, you naturally want the best for them. Maybe you know that your kid will be better at some things than others and they may not always excel at everything they do. But as a parent, you don’t want them to suffer or deal with [...]
Archive for the ‘mom’ Tag
by Lindsay Weiss posted in Mom Stories I don’t think this little dude is what Vince Vaughn had in mind when he coined the phrase Stage 5 Clinger … But seriously, I can’t set him down for a minute without a screamfest. And it’s driving me batty. If he wasn’t so darn cute, I might [...]
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories Staying healthy while pregnant can be challenging. Now scientists are saying that coming down with the flu during pregnancy could be more than just a nuisance. A study funded by the National Institute of Health showed that children whose mothers had the flu while pregnant were four times [...]
by Jennifer Borget posted in Mom Stories They may not know our language yet but they do know our voice, and that’s enough to get some moms talking to their newborns when they need reassurance. What we say varies from mom to mom. That’s exactly what mothers in my April 2013 birth club are discussing [...]
Main Photo: Photo by: Working Mother Editor introverts illo Reality TV! Social media! Big-and-bold leaders! Sometimes it seems life today is tailor-made for extroverts. But given that as many as half of us are introverts, how can we quieter types succeed amidst so much noise? Related Links: 6 Tips for Raising an ...
Main Photo: Photo by: Working Mother Editor beach family Think back to the last chunk of together time you carved out for family. Thinking… thinking…hmmm, can you even remember? If you can’t, you’re in good—and big—company. A full 96 percent of parents say they’d love to have even one more hour a week with their [...]
by Melissa Byers posted in Mom Stories There are some parts of pregnancy and childbirth that forever leave an imprint on your brain. Some of them earn that spot because they were remarkably wonderful and others…not so much. There were times, when I was pregnant, that I wished I could hand it all off to [...]
Main Photo: Photo by: Working Mother Editor Mom in Robe If you’re inclined to dig into office doings before heading out, here’s how to keep it sane. Review. Take a few minutes before the kids get up to structure your day. Be realistic about the day’s demands and fight the urge to overschedule. Instead, prioritize [...]
by Leah Speer posted in Mom Stories Two weeks left until my four-year-old will be home all day, every day. The talk on the preschool playground these days revolve around “What, indeed, are you going to do with your kids all summer long???” Some moms are relying on being scheduled to the max to keep [...]
by Denise Cortes posted in Mom Stories Inducing pregnant women with the hormone oxytocin may not be as safe to full-term newborns as they previously believed, according to The American College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists. When administered intravenously, Pitocin (a brand of oxytocin) is often used to kickstart a woman’s labor when ...
- 52 mins ago - 9 picture books you never want your kid to read
- 52 mins ago - How children make themselves
- 52 mins ago - Mother saves baby after stroller rolls onto train tracks
- 18 hours ago - Did anyone make up bedtime stories for you?
- 21 hours ago - Tips for necklace making with kids
- 1 day ago - 16 Things You May Not Know Are Happening at Daycare
- 1 day ago - Work After Baby: How Giuliana Rancic and 26 More Moms Did It!
- 1 day ago - Beyonce Is Pregnant! 10 Baby Name Picks from the Bey Bey Generator
- 1 day ago - Breastfeeding sexualized by new billboard
- 1 day ago - Photos: When kids dress themselves
Find us on Facebook
- Phyllis on Finally! A Swimsuit Model We Can Celebrate
- blue chip cleaning on 35 new uses for the Magic Eraser
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=M81_7KX1s3I on Stripe Trend: 14 Nurseries With Stripes
- credit counseling des moines iowa on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- Jean Michel Jarre Discography Free Download on Puppet Massacre: 9 Sesame Street Characters Re-imagined as Horror Movie Villains