by BabyCenter Staff posted in Mom Stories We want to thank all of you who supported the Global Mom Relay. Between International Women’s Day and Mother’s Day, the United Nations Foundation and a group of partners harnessed the power of moms and social media by bringing together thought leaders from all over the globe to join a [...]
Archive for the ‘mom’ Tag
by Joyce Slaton posted in Mom Stories School’s almost out! May 31 here in San Francisco. We decided we didn’t want to waste the whole summer sitting around the house. This summer we want to get out, explore our beautiful city, see new things and enjoy this little bit of time in which Violet is [...]
by Stacy-Ann Gooden posted in Mom Stories With just two months left of my pregnancy, I’m already thinking about what I’d miss most. The other day my mom said to me, “It looks like you have a month left!” “Gee thanks,” I responded sarcastically. The reality is that I don’t have much longer to go. [...]
by Laura Larsen posted in Mom Stories There’s a picture my mother gave me of myself at about nine months old, standing in my Johnny-Jump-Up, wearing my dad’s cowboy boots. It’s adorable. Trust me. I bet there’s a similar one of you in a photo album somewhere, too! Every child emulates their parents and trying [...]
by Summer Schiavo posted in Mom Stories It’s a brave new world, folks. For the first time, scientists have successfully grown stem cells from human skin cells, as reported in The Scientist.com. The researchers produced human embryonic stem cells (hESCs) using somatic nuclear transfer (SCNT), a method in which the nucleus of a donor ...
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories British midwives, according to this Telegraph UK report, have been advised to use breathalyzer tests at the first antenatal appointment to determine if their patients are smokers. From what I gather, this test is given after women have already been asked if they smoke. My guess would be [...]
by Dina Freeman posted in Mom Stories I’m ashamed to say that I didn’t know much about preeclampsia before the much-talked-about episode of Downton Abbey aired earlier this year in the U.S. (spoiler alert for those who aren’t caught up yet!) This is pretty scary, given the fact that I’ve given birth to two children [...]
Angelina Jolie‘s shocking disclosure yesterday that she had a prophylactic double mastectomy to reduce her risk of developing breast cancer was followed today by more news that the mom of six is also planning to have her ovaries removed, according to People. That’s because her BRCA1 gene mutation, which raises her risk for ...
by Erin Lane posted in Mom Stories It seems these days all you hear about in the media about motherhood is the so-called “Mommy Wars” – tales of women judging each other harshly and acting anything but supportive. I am here today to tell you that while there may be the occasional battle, motherhood is [...]
by Carolyn Robertson posted in Mom Stories When it came time to celebrate her daughter Emma’s 5th birthday, photographer Jaime Moore decided to turn her lens on her favorite little subject. But she found herself struggling with exactly how to mark the milestone. “I had been searching everywhere for new-creative inspiration for her ...
- 4 hours ago - Happy Memorial Day! Check Out 14 Hot Military Dads
- 4 hours ago - Behind the Scenes! iVillage’s Bring Your Kid to Work Day
- 6 hours ago - Spring Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 7 hours ago - 10 things I regret teaching the kids
- 7 hours ago - Online communities deliver sanity to moms
- 7 hours ago - ADHD in childhood linked to obesity
- 7 hours ago - How young is too young to run marathons?
- 7 hours ago - What’s dirtier than a toilet seat? Your handbag!
- 10 hours ago - Age by Age Guide to Your Baby’s Social Development
- 10 hours ago - Combat Dizzy Spells During Pregnancy
Find us on Facebook
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?
- Phyllis on Finally! A Swimsuit Model We Can Celebrate
- blue chip cleaning on 35 new uses for the Magic Eraser
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=M81_7KX1s3I on Stripe Trend: 14 Nurseries With Stripes
- credit counseling des moines iowa on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).