by Lindsay Weiss posted in Life & Home I always do one or two candy bark recipes for the holidays because they’re so darn easy. This one is no exception — I whipped it up in 20 minutes flat (and that includes the chilling between layers) — but it’s so beautiful to look at with [...]
Archive for the ‘microwave’ Tag
While mornings used to be somewhat chaotic, my husband, daughter and I have now settled into a very regular routine. Mazzy, who is two (soon to be three!), comes into our bed at around 6 AM, sleeps with us until 7 AM (we milk that as long as possible), and then asks to go into [...]
What's your favorite decade? My kitchen isn’t the biggest kitchen in the world. I don’t have a garbage disposal, which, if you’re used to having one and then you don’t, well, it can be kind of a pain slugging all your wet food bits to the garbage every ten minutes. I know, I know… “White [...]
Sweet potatoes are so versatile. And this time of year, they are so deliciously comforting, too! If you’re looking for a unique way to serve up this autumn root veggie, try this beautiful recipe for Autumn Pasta with Sweet Potatoes. With the addition of cranberries, hazelnuts, and rosemary in a garlic-cream sauce, this recipe is [...]
The other day I saw the most adorable acorns in Bon Appetit. It reminded me of how I love to make Buckeyes around the holidays and how fun it would be to dig out that recipe and make acorn shapes with my daughter. With Thanksgiving coming up I’ll be looking with some really fun things [...]
Are you wondering what to make for dinner tonight? Would you like recommendations for cookbooks filled with meals your family will actually eat? Not sure what to do with the celery root that arrived in your CSA box? Would you like to learn to be a more confident cook? And do all of this without [...]
Caramel popcorn is so festive right now with all the halloween parties and the autumn season. I like to add a bit of depth and sophistication to this childhood treat, while still getting the kids excited to chow down. The perfect secret ingredient? Fresh ginger! Keep reading for the recipe… Werther’s Caramel Ginger Popcorn 1 [...]
A+ for creativity! But you failed. Look, everyone has different strengths. We know this. Not everyone can figure out the answers to math problems. Some of us have to make jokes or be creative instead of understanding “science.” For example, I know that when I put food in a microwave, the food gets hot. But [...]
What happens when you take deliciously crunchy apple chips and top them with melted Werther’s Originals creamy caramels? Well, these intensely scrumptious Apple Nachos recipe happens, that’s what! If you’ve ever craved the buttery goodness of Werther’s Originals candies, then you’ve gotta go grab a bag of the ...
maple cocoa Cocoa cravings are a part of fall bliss. This dairy-free Dark Chocolate Maple Cocoa is one of my favorite go-to recipes that helps me satisfy my cocoa craving. Rich dark chocolate cacao powder blends with maple for a truly unique flavor to crave. Plus a few of my secret ingredient accents blended in [...]
- 2 days ago - 12 Kid Beachwear Basics
- 8 days ago - Summer Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 12 days ago - Tiger parenting study: Kids do better with less coercion & more positive parenting
- 12 days ago - The funniest words my kid mispronounces
- 12 days ago - 5 simple ways to show grandparents you care
- 12 days ago - Tiny handprints – what will you miss as they grow?
- 12 days ago - 54 reasons my kid won’t go to sleep
- 12 days ago - 10 mom-tested tips for curing for a bad diaper rash
- 12 days ago - My kids can’t have the same childhood I had
- 12 days ago - Talking with your kids about depression
Find us on Facebook
- hunting gifts for dad on 4 eco-awesome Mother’s Day gifts
- savingsdaily.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?