by Sara McGinnis posted in Mom Stories Up until a few days ago, I never considered that I could play a role in getting another woman pregnant. My parts just don’t work that way. Through the powers of Facebook, however, I bumped into Cherie MacLean, a friend of a friend who has turned to Indiegogo [...]
Archive for the ‘marriage’ Tag
It seems these days everyone has pumpkins, costumes, and ways to celebrate the season with their little ones on the brain. For many of us October is the start of what becomes a whirlwind of holiday celebrations. We find ourselves busy picking out costumes, baking special treats, and scanning the pumpkin patch for one worthy [...]
by May Saubier posted in Mom Stories I was nineteen the first time I heard Dr. Laura on the radio. I almost drove off the road. She infuriated me. Everything she said went against what my friends and I were learning in college from the modern, progressive Women’s Movement – i.e. Women and men are [...]
When I shared with you my fears about getting back onto the saddle and being intimate with my husband since giving birth to our baby, several of you commented giving me excellent advice. You shared your own experiences and offered several suggestions. More importantly, you reminded me that what I am feeling is normal and [...]
Ask Carolyn! Hey y’all! (Just imagine that we’re in the South on a porch with a big glass of sweet tea and our dignity intact.) It’s me Carolyn, America’s favorite divorced, single mother! (Just imagine that America plays favorites … and doesn’t hate single mothers.) I’m starting an advice column here ...
What is the difference between dating and being in a relationship? When you change the way that you look at it, the difference becomes quite clear. According to a video I recently watched, dating is like test-driving a car; at least that’s how men look at it anyway. You test-drive a car to see how [...]
With only 17% of marriages actually being considered “happy” it’s no wonder more than half of marriages are ending in divorce. A recent Your Tango survey of counseling professionals revealed the number one indicator of divorce. So why is it that so many marriages don’t last? Continue reading for three signs, including ...
It’s no secret that the President of the United States adores the First Lady and her him. Their marriage is one that garners a lot of attention from the public eye and with the election just weeks away we are seeing even more of them. My husband and I both agree that the POTUS and [...]
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories I had to read this article in today’s N.Y. Times to understand it. But the gist is this: An anti-bullying campaign started by an Alabama-based civil right’s group–the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), has been accused by the a Mississippi-based Evangelical group– The American Family ...
Our Wedding Day Growing up, marriage was the substance my little girl dreams were made of. I could not wait to become an adult and get married; I just needed to meet my prince charming first. As I got older my dreams expanded to include other things such as a career, but deep down inside [...]
- 2 days ago - 12 Kid Beachwear Basics
- 8 days ago - Summer Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 11 days ago - Tiger parenting study: Kids do better with less coercion & more positive parenting
- 11 days ago - The funniest words my kid mispronounces
- 11 days ago - 5 simple ways to show grandparents you care
- 11 days ago - Tiny handprints – what will you miss as they grow?
- 11 days ago - 54 reasons my kid won’t go to sleep
- 11 days ago - 10 mom-tested tips for curing for a bad diaper rash
- 11 days ago - My kids can’t have the same childhood I had
- 11 days ago - Talking with your kids about depression
Find us on Facebook
- hunting gifts for dad on 4 eco-awesome Mother’s Day gifts
- savingsdaily.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?