by Carolyn Robertson posted in Mom Stories Jill Trahan-Hardy waits outside her 11-year-old daughter Harley Campos’ school room every day, ready to escort her through the halls in between classes. At recess and lunch she takes up temporary residence in the playground, where she can keep a watchful eye over her fifth grader. This may [...]
Archive for the ‘how to’ Tag
by Amy Hatch posted in Mom Stories The news of the two dozen children still missing in a Moore, Okla. elementary school following a deadly tornado there May 20 broke my heart for the second time in six months. In December, when 20 children and six educators were killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School, I [...]
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories A tornado, reported to be 20 miles long and 1 1/4 miles wide, touched down in Moore, Oklahoma yesterday, devastating entire neighborhoods and taking lives. Most recent reports confirm that 24 people have been killed. An apparent 60 of the 240 people injured so far are said to [...]
We all watched in horror and disbelief as a huge tornado ripped through the Oklahoma City suburbs, with the confirmed death toll at 51 people, including 20 children. As parents struggle to process the news, it’s hard to know what to say about this tragic event to our kids. We talked to Russell T. Jones, [...]
by Laura Larsen posted in Mom Stories And neither is my son! I think these mis-perceptions about men come from a greater overall awareness of sexual abuse: how to recognize it, and what to do about it, which really is a great thing. All kids should be taught the difference between good and bad touches, [...]
by Sabrina Garibian posted in Mom Stories Let’s talk potty training. We are on day eight of potty training our 19 month old. I’ll pause while you make your judgments, if you choose to do so. And now I’ll reply that no, he’s not too young and yes, he is ready. We introduced the potty [...]
by Kami Bigler posted in Life & Home Okay, so your kids are going to love these marshmallow shooters! They are different from the usual marshmallow shooters made of PVC pipe that we all know, and I think they’re better too. The best thing about them, besides the fact that they’re ridiculously cheap, is that [...]
by BabyCenter Featured Expert posted in Life & Home By Meghan McAndrews, Senior Editor, BettyCrocker.com Tiaras, magic potion and a cake straight out of a fairy tale — what more could your little princess possibly wish for in a birthday party? Whether she’s enamored with a certain fairy-tale heroine or finds any excuse to don ...
by Dina Freeman posted in Mom Stories I’m ashamed to say that I didn’t know much about preeclampsia before the much-talked-about episode of Downton Abbey aired earlier this year in the U.S. (spoiler alert for those who aren’t caught up yet!) This is pretty scary, given the fact that I’ve given birth to two children [...]
by BabyCenter Guest Blogger posted in Life & Home Here’s a post from our friends at Kiwi Crate. Mason jars are a great medium for crafting and exploring with kids. They’re sturdy enough to survive heat, cold, and being dropped by slippery fingers. They’re clear, so they make great display cases. Best of all, they’re [...]
- 3 hours ago - 5 ways to keep a toddler happy on a road trip
- 3 hours ago - A surprising pregnancy side effect
- 12 hours ago - I can’t deal right now, so I’m leaving BC for a bit
- 14 hours ago - Headed Home? How to Have Sex at Your Parents’ House
- 14 hours ago - 10 Weird Things You Don’t Know About Disney Theme Parks
- 14 hours ago - 14 Military Homecoming Videos That Will Make You Weep
- 17 hours ago - Camping trip: I let my kids pack their own bags
- 17 hours ago - How to make extra-creamy oatmeal in 10 minutes
- 19 hours ago - Burgers Across the U.S.
- 19 hours ago - Over-committed and stretched too thin?
Find us on Facebook
- cialis on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means
- viagra on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means
- super on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means
- khaqedafa.livejournal.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- forever living on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).