While it’s often best to shield younger kids from tragic news, there’s really no shielding the teens and tweens in your family from the harsh images and sad events that are on the news, especially in situations involving a natural disaster. But a great way for older kids to work through their feelings surrounding these [...]
Archive for the ‘feelings’ Tag
Main Photo: Photo by: Working Mother Editor Paint Chips Whether for a job transfer or a better school district, moving your family can be both exciting and scary—and especially emotional for kids. Stefanie Weiss, a parenting coach in New York City, offers ways to ease moving-to-a-new-nabe nerves. Visit the library.If your kids are ...
by Gwen Dewar, Ph.D. posted in Mom Stories Is your workplace fair? Studies suggest that perceived unfairness at work puts you at higher risk for developing a variety of health problems – including high blood pressure, diabetes, and depression. It might even contribute to heart attacks. That probably makes sense to most people. And yet [...]
by Nicole Mabry posted in Mom Stories My first “real” high school boyfriend and I used to exchange love notes on the 24th day of every month. It was so long ago, that I can’t remember what the letters said, but I also remember pouring my heart out in each letter. I remember how his [...]
by Andrea Updyke posted in Mom Stories One of these days I will get it together, I tell myself over and over. And then the next day I say it again. And then the next and the next. One of these days. Being a parent is overwhelming. It’s exhilarating and exciting and exhausting and hmmm…let [...]
by Sabrina Garibian posted in Mom Stories I never talk about sensitive subjects, but here I am unable to not share my thoughts. The Boston Marathon bombings on April 15th changed so many lives. Originally being from RI, just a short drive from Boston, I know lots of people personally affected by the bombings. I [...]
It’s one of those neat "perks" of pregnancy; <a href="/page/2737/">mood swings</a> so intense you feel like you have emotional whiplash. You can’t take medications to calm yourself or even have a glass of wine so what is a safe and effective way to deal with these roller coaster feelings and moods? ...
by Kami Bigler posted in Life & Home Monday was such a sad day with the Boston Marathon bombings. It was one of those days you want to forget, and for so many it will be a day that they will never be able to forget, as so many will have to live with the [...]
by Amy Hatch posted in Mom Stories I felt pretty upbeat about my upcoming hysterectomy until I went to see the doctor for my pre-surgical appointment on Wednesday morning. For years, I’ve battled the pain and unpleasant symptoms that come with the kind of fibroid tumors I have, and I’m ready to feel better. But [...]
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor boy with violin Your kid campaigned to play a musical instrument—but now revolts against daily practice. These tips from Catherine Cho, violin professor at the Juilliard School of Music in New York City, will be music to your ears.Set the stage. Find a regular time and special spot to [...]
- 6 hours ago - An Oklahoma Mom Shares Her Tornado Story: "The Park Is Gone"
- 11 hours ago - Watch: Mom & son reunited after Oklahoma tornado
- 11 hours ago - "MY kids will NEVER behave like that!"
- 11 hours ago - Do you mind nannies volunteering at school?
- 19 hours ago - 5 Ways That Kids Can Help Families in Oklahoma
- 19 hours ago - Be the Cool Mom: The Gifts They Really Want for Graduation
- 19 hours ago - Be the Mom That Throws the Best Sleepovers Ever
- 20 hours ago - Hot pins: 7 crave-worthy s’mores recipes
- 20 hours ago - How to throw a dinosaur birthday party (Hint: start with the cake!)
- 21 hours ago - 10 Tips for Traveling with Babies and Children
Find us on Facebook
- forever living on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- viagra on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means
- Find Out More About The Ultimate Disney World Savings Guide Here on Fall Themed Wedding Cakes
- The Beauty of Food review on 10 recipes for cleaning green
- lloyds pharmacy on 5 (free) Printables for Mother’s Day