Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor bunny Dress up Get each child decked out with bunny ears, nose and tail. You can set up a DIY station with headbands and fabric cut into ears to attach with craft glue. Provide stick-on jewels and glitter glue to decorate with. The one with the most elaborate set [...]
Archive for the ‘eggs’ Tag
My son’s favourite coffee shop snack is a blueberry muffin. And so this morning I decided to surprise him with a batch warm from the oven – I’m not sure why I don’t do this more often, because the batter took as much time to stir together as it took the oven to warm up. [...]
While mornings used to be somewhat chaotic, my husband, daughter and I have now settled into a very regular routine. Mazzy, who is two (soon to be three!), comes into our bed at around 6 AM, sleeps with us until 7 AM (we milk that as long as possible), and then asks to go into [...]
vegan Thanksgiving recipes Maybe you are planning an all-vegan feast, or perhaps you’d simply like to add a few delicious vegan dishes to your Thanksgiving table. Here are 15 Vegan Recipes for Thanksgiving to get you started. From creative recipes like pumpkin croquettes and cashew pumpkin spice cheese dip to classics like sweet potato ...
Food loves Sriracha. The spicy chili sauce goes with everything from creamy cheese to Teriyaki salmon. To celebrate, we’ve pulled together the very best recipes on the web that use Sriracha in brilliant and gorgeous ways. Check out our gallery of fave recipes, then leave a comment and let us know how you use your [...]
Nitrate-laden bacon. Mmmmm I’ve never been a coffee drinker, and I can’t stand soda, so those pregnancy no-nos (or not-much-ofs, I should say) are two less things I have to worry about staying away from during my pregnancy. While you’ll find mixed opinions on a lot of pregnancy-related topics, the evidence is (mostly) clear ...
While it probably doesn’t rank with home and family, for service members stationed abroad, favorite foods properly prepared are sorely missed. When my father was stationed in Saudi Arabia during the first Gulf War, he longed for crispy bacon, and food that didn’t need hot sauce to be palatable. In honor of Veteran’s Day, here [...]
There are bread puddings and then there is pull-apart bread. The two are not the same. Despite seeming like they should be this decadent stack of fresh baked yeasted bread layered with nutella and flecks of sea salt is not a way to use up a leftover loaf. Instead, it is a fresh loaf that [...]
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories If you’re wondering how long you will remain fertile, you might consider asking your mother. The key to your window of fertility, according to this BBC News report, may lie in the age your mother began menopause. In a study, published in the latest issue of the Human [...]
Photo: Quinoa 365, by Patricia Green & Carolyn Hemming (Whitecap) How often do you get the opportunity to enjoy two superfoods in one delicious breakfast? Nutrient-dense pumpkin is loaded with fiber and beta carotene, with few calories – it’s easy to find this time of year, especially canned, and this is a great use of [...]
- 6 hours ago - 12 Kid Beachwear Basics
- 6 days ago - Summer Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 10 days ago - Tiger parenting study: Kids do better with less coercion & more positive parenting
- 10 days ago - The funniest words my kid mispronounces
- 10 days ago - 5 simple ways to show grandparents you care
- 10 days ago - Tiny handprints – what will you miss as they grow?
- 10 days ago - 54 reasons my kid won’t go to sleep
- 10 days ago - 10 mom-tested tips for curing for a bad diaper rash
- 10 days ago - My kids can’t have the same childhood I had
- 10 days ago - Talking with your kids about depression
Find us on Facebook
- hunting gifts for dad on 4 eco-awesome Mother’s Day gifts
- savingsdaily.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?