by Melissa Byers posted in Mom Stories On Easter Sunday I was in church with my family when I heard an outburst happening behind me. It was a teenage boy who attends with his mother. While I don’t know what he’s dealing with, I often hear him during services saying words, being loud, and generally [...]
Archive for the ‘Easter’ Tag
Photo by: workingmother.com Editor BPA-Free Bottles These bright, better-for-baby plastic bottles are made from recycled polypropylene, which contains no BPA, PVA or phthalates. What’s especially appealing is the nipple ventilation system that’s supposed to reduce colic, gas and spit up—great for fussy little ones. The Thinkbaby starter ...
by Stacy-Ann Gooden posted in Mom Stories You hear of parents duking it out on the field on behalf of their kids. If the umpire makes a bad call, moms and dads have been known to start a beef with them too. But fighting over Easter eggs? I never thought I’d see the day. When [...]
by Nicole Mabry posted in Mom Stories As luck would have it, my family nabbed a set of tickets for the 135th Annual White House Easter Egg Roll. By lot, we were placed into the third of five egg roll groups that day. We were advised to arrive an hour early. The lines were very [...]
by Kami Bigler posted in Life & Home Everyone needs a good strawberry spinach salad recipe. It’s a Springtime must, don’t you think? On Sunday night I was asked to bring a salad to our Easter family gathering, and this salad was perfect! It goes great with a ham dinner. Strawberry Spinach salad with bacon [...]
by Joyce Slaton posted in Mom Stories I wake up to Violet frantically poking me. “What? What? Are you sick? What’s wrong?” “Mom! It’s Easter! And the Bunny forgot to bring my basket!” Oh, oy. I’m just terrible with the stuff that has to be done at night after she falls asleep. Last night she [...]
by Denise Cortes posted in Mom Stories Yesterday was Easter and while we enjoyed family, egg hunts and cute Easter dresses, churches around the country were having what is considered the “Super Bowl Sunday” of church attendance. Translation: churches were packed to the gills with people who don’t normally attend every Sunday ...
by Sarah Welch posted in Life & Home Have you ever had one of those nights where your eyes pop open at around 3 a.m. because your crazy brain just HAD to start making mental lists? That was me last night. It’s as if my poor, addled brain was leaping at the chance to move [...]
by Stacie Lewis posted in Mom Stories This isn’t a “Do you believe in God?” post. I’ll put my cards on the table: I don’t know what I believe. In my most troubled times, I didn’t turn to God. That it didn’t even occur to me to do so, is a fact I’ve found both unsurprising [...]
by Amy Graff posted in Mom Stories Easter is one of those holidays that’s supposed to be pretty and perfect, right? It’s when you capture that happy image of the kids wearing matching outfits in the lap of a beautifully coiffed white fluffy bunny. Let’s face it, the kids’ clothes rarely stay clean (or they [...]
- 1 day ago - 12 Kid Beachwear Basics
- 8 days ago - Summer Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 11 days ago - Tiger parenting study: Kids do better with less coercion & more positive parenting
- 11 days ago - The funniest words my kid mispronounces
- 11 days ago - 5 simple ways to show grandparents you care
- 11 days ago - Tiny handprints – what will you miss as they grow?
- 11 days ago - 54 reasons my kid won’t go to sleep
- 11 days ago - 10 mom-tested tips for curing for a bad diaper rash
- 11 days ago - My kids can’t have the same childhood I had
- 11 days ago - Talking with your kids about depression
Find us on Facebook
- hunting gifts for dad on 4 eco-awesome Mother’s Day gifts
- savingsdaily.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?