What's not to like about this story? If you saw the movie “The Social Network” then you kind of already know why Mark Zuckerberg founded Facebook. Codes, connections, blah, blah, blah. But you have to imagine that as the site has evolved rapidly and dramatically, Zuckerberg finds different stories that somehow change the meaning of [...]
Archive for the ‘divorce’ Tag
I’ve talked to so many people, women mostly, who swear that “divorce is not an option” in their marriages. I usually just smile and offer the whole, “I think I know what you’re trying to say but I disagree with you nevertheless” head nod. Personally, I believe divorce should always be an option. I understand [...]
I’m a huge believer in counseling. Even though my parents took a stab at marriage counseling only to ultimately divorce, their exercise in couples-based therapy allowed them to make greater peace with an already difficult decision. There are times I wish my husband and I attended marriage counseling, and it’s not because we’re ...
While it’s true nobody said marriage was easy, only folks in a bad marriage can truly understand that marriage shouldn’t have to be so hard. Despite the best of intentions and promises of forever, sometimes a marriage just doesn’t work out. No matter the reason for the deterioration of a relationship, staying in a toxic marriage [...]
By now I thought I’d be boring you all with the sordid details of my pregnancy but it turns out, I don’t really want to revisit the suckiness of my first trimester and the second trimester was (thankfully) pretty uneventful. Can you believe, I’m now in my third?? There’s not much to report, really. Unless you [...]
Two halves, becoming whole. I just found out I have a half-sister. It wasn’t a huge surprise really, because I have assumed my whole life that I had a half-sister. Half-siblings. I think I thought I had at least two, maybe more. I don’t know if I assumed that because it was logical given that [...]
Obama vs. Romney President Barack Obama and Republican Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney are very different men, very different politicians and, apparently, very different fathers. In selecting a President for our country, voters look at how a candidate stands on the issues, their track records, their promises and also how they have handled ...
by Scott Adler posted in Mom Stories I couldn’t help but read Sarah Welch’s post yesterday about Dana Shapiro’s dissection of marriage and divorce in his book, You Can Be Right (Or You Can Be Married), and think of friends of mine who recently announced their divorce to Mrs. Dadler and I with a quick [...]
As if divorce wasn’t hard enough, the medical community is discovering new and surprising ways divorce negatively impacts health. A 2009 University of Chicago study published in the Journal of Health and Social Behavior found that divorced people suffered more long-term physical health problems than those who’ve been married once ...
Tyler Clementi The New York Times ran a beautiful interview with Tyler Clementi’s parents on Friday about how they’ve dealt with their lives since their son’s death. Both Tyler’s mom and dad were very open and contemplative in their conversation with the paper, explaining that their son’s suicide after being ...
- 47 mins ago - Quick & easy breakfasts for kids
- 47 mins ago - Hot pins: delicious homemade pretzels
- 16 hours ago - Tips for making craft necklaces with kids
- 2 days ago - 9 picture books you never want your kid to read
- 2 days ago - How children make themselves
- 2 days ago - Mother saves baby after stroller rolls onto train tracks
- 2 days ago - Did anyone make up bedtime stories for you?
- 2 days ago - Tips for necklace making with kids
- 3 days ago - 16 Things You May Not Know Are Happening at Daycare
- 3 days ago - Work After Baby: How Giuliana Rancic and 26 More Moms Did It!
Find us on Facebook
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?
- Phyllis on Finally! A Swimsuit Model We Can Celebrate
- blue chip cleaning on 35 new uses for the Magic Eraser
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=M81_7KX1s3I on Stripe Trend: 14 Nurseries With Stripes
- credit counseling des moines iowa on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).