by Stacie Lewis posted in Mom Stories My daughter is brain-damaged. May has no less than six doctors with specialisms ranging from neurology to orthopedic surgery. They are all eminent in their fields, the best the country has to offer. They have decades of training under their belts, degrees from world-class universities like Oxford and [...]
Archive for the ‘death’ Tag
by BabyCenter Guest Blogger posted in Mom Stories By Bobbie Thomas, editor for NBC’s Today Show Being a stylish woman is about more than just fashion and beauty. Sure, as a little girl, I remember with excitement trying on my mom’s hats, dresses, and heels, but I was most awe-struck by her inner beauty. Her [...]
SIDS — sudden infant death syndrome — is a new mom’s nightmare. A baby can die from SIDS during her sleep for no apparent reason. Though rare, it’s the most common way that babies between 1 month and 12 months old die. But there are some proven ways to lower your baby’s risk of SIDS. [...]
by BabyCenter Staff posted in Mom Stories It doesn’t matter whether you’re a mother delivering your baby in a hospital in downtown Manhattan or a mom birthing in a mud hut among maize fields in rural western Kenya, the intense emotions you feel at that moment when you’re thrown into motherhood and hold your baby [...]
by BabyCenter Guest Blogger posted in Mom Stories By: Janet Ozzard Executive Editor, BabyCenter WARNING: if you aren’t up to date with the British aristo-soap “Downton Abbey,” stop now or risk spoilers. Okay: pregnancy and fertility are clearly fraught in the Crawley household. First, there was Lady Sybil’s agonizing, ...
by Carolyn Robertson posted in Mom Stories Surprising and unthinkably sad news this morning as London’s King Edward VII Hospital confirms that Jacintha Saldanha, the nurse who was unfortunate enough to field a prank call about Kate Middleton earlier this week, has been found dead. Media reports indicate that Jacintha, a mom-of-two, killed ...
by Joyce Slaton posted in Mom Stories I have found myself saying ridiculous things and having ridiculous arguments since becoming a parent (“No! We do not lick strange doggies!”), but that’s nothing compared to the dumb arguments I have every day with the kids at school. As someone may have observed sometime somewhere, kids, ...
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories Last month, a 17-weeks pregnant Savita Halappanavar went to a hospital in Galway, Ireland complaining of back pain. She was told she was miscarrying and sent home. When her pain grew more severe, she went back and inquired about a possible abortion. The hospital refused, and allegedly reminded [...]
My husband’s family has a tradition of playing board games each year after Thanksgiving dinner. Sometimes things get a little crazy, but everyone ends up having fun. Some good friends of ours who are married have also hosted several game nights in which the couples come together and “compete” with one another. There have also [...]
My husband’s family has a tradition of playing board games each year after Thanksgiving dinner. Sometimes things get a little crazy but everyone ends up having fun. Some good friends of ours, who are married, have also hosted several game nights in which the couples come together and “compete” with one another. There have also [...]
- 2 days ago - 12 Kid Beachwear Basics
- 8 days ago - Summer Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 11 days ago - Tiger parenting study: Kids do better with less coercion & more positive parenting
- 11 days ago - The funniest words my kid mispronounces
- 11 days ago - 5 simple ways to show grandparents you care
- 11 days ago - Tiny handprints – what will you miss as they grow?
- 11 days ago - 54 reasons my kid won’t go to sleep
- 11 days ago - 10 mom-tested tips for curing for a bad diaper rash
- 11 days ago - My kids can’t have the same childhood I had
- 11 days ago - Talking with your kids about depression
Find us on Facebook
- hunting gifts for dad on 4 eco-awesome Mother’s Day gifts
- savingsdaily.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?