by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories Over the past month, I’ve read disturbing snippets about the trial of an abortion doctor named Kermit Gosnell who’s been charged with the murder of four babies and at least one adult patient. These murders allegedly took place in Gosnell’s Philadelphia abortion clinic where Gosnell is ...
Archive for the ‘death’ Tag
by Joey Lombardi posted in Mom Stories When I was a kid, I loved roller-coasters. Actually, I loved all rides. They are the purest form of escapism. But then I remember the last time I went to an amusement park (over a decade ago), everything seemed a little worn out. I started looking at the [...]
by Dr. Harvey Karp posted in Mom Stories This post is part of the Global Mom Relay. Every time you share this blog, $5 will go to women and girls around the world. Scroll to the bottom to find out more. The morning market in Luang Prabang, in Laos, was a dense mix of straw [...]
by Sara McGinnis posted in Mom Stories I’ve been holed up in my house, flitting between pop culture news and that of the Boston Marathon bombings all day long. At odd points, the two have intersected. At some points I’ve shaken my head in dismay, and at others, felt a hot, fat tear slide down [...]
by Carolyn Robertson posted in Mom Stories Audrie Pott was 15 years old when she hung herself last fall. Eight days before she committed suicide the California teenager who loved art and horses went to a friend of a friend’s house. She drank too much and eventually passed out. As she lay unconscious on a [...]
by Dr. Lisa Dana posted in Mom Stories Over a four-year period, researchers from more than 23 medical centers evaluated the risks and benefits of high-oxygen treatment vs. low-oxygen treatment in premature infants born between 24 and 27 weeks of age. Babies in the high-oxygen group were more likely to develop eye disease and blindness. [...]
by Dr. Lisa Dana posted in Mom Stories Over a 4 year period, researchers from more than 23 medical centers evaluated the risks and benefits of high-oxygen treatment vs. low-oxygen treatment in premature infants born between 24 and 27 weeks of age. Babies in the high-oxygen group were more likely to develop eye disease and [...]
by Jennifer Borget posted in Mom Stories Nigerian midwives rush a bleeding mother to a table and spread out her limbs. She’s unconscious and hemorrhaging. Unfortunately, this scene is one playing out far too often. Worldwide, severe bleeding is one of the leading causes of maternal death. The mother, who just gave birth to her [...]
Do women who experience high levels of stress during pregnancy have a greater risk of delivering a stillborn baby? New research says they do. A stillbirth is defined as the death of a baby at 20 weeks or more during pregnancy. Researchers conducted a National Institutes of Health network study of more than 2,000 women. [...]
Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Hello Kitty, Hello Spring Hello Kitty, hello seasonal fun! This colorful board book depicts our favorite star and her cast of friends enjoying all that spring has to offer: butterflies, baseball and more! With sparse text and irresistible original scenic art, this book is part of the newest series of Hello [...]
- 2 days ago - 12 Kid Beachwear Basics
- 8 days ago - Summer Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 11 days ago - Tiger parenting study: Kids do better with less coercion & more positive parenting
- 11 days ago - The funniest words my kid mispronounces
- 11 days ago - 5 simple ways to show grandparents you care
- 11 days ago - Tiny handprints – what will you miss as they grow?
- 11 days ago - 54 reasons my kid won’t go to sleep
- 11 days ago - 10 mom-tested tips for curing for a bad diaper rash
- 11 days ago - My kids can’t have the same childhood I had
- 11 days ago - Talking with your kids about depression
Find us on Facebook
- hunting gifts for dad on 4 eco-awesome Mother’s Day gifts
- savingsdaily.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?