Party season is coming, and there is no better gift to bring along to someone’s home than something you’ve made yourself – preferably something delicious. Creating something unique in your own kitchen is personal, inexpensive, and allows you to get the kids in on gift giving, allowing them to contribute in a creative way. ...
Archive for the ‘coffee’ Tag
by Joyce Slaton posted in Mom Stories After having a baby, new parents are often inundated with offers to come over and “help.” Let me clue you brand-new parents in on a little secret: When people say they want to come “help,” they mean they want to come over and hold the baby for a [...]
With days getting shorter and the mornings chillier, there’s nothing like the smell of a warm muffin to wake the house up. A good homemade muffin is not complicated – here are a dozen easy-to-stir-together recipes that will come together with minimal effort, requiring less than 10 minutes of actual cooking time. So when everyone [...]
At around this time every year, I start pondering holiday gifts – particularly those I can make myself. I do love making big batches of jams, jellies, chutneys and preserves, but I also like the simple stuff – particularly when it’s time to go to a party and I need something last-minute to bring along. [...]
When it comes to Thanksgiving it is easy to focus on the big meal. It is generally common that we all wake up ready to pop the turkey in the oven, get the potatoes boiling and focus on the main event. However, there is one thing that shouldn’t be overlooked – breakfast! In our house [...]
by Amy Hatch posted in Mom Stories A caffeinated beverage, 5-Hour Energy, is possibly associated with 13 deaths in the U.S. over the last four years, according to the Food and Drug Administration. The FDA is investigating reports that the drink may be linked to as many as 30 serious health events, including heart attacks, [...]
by Jamielyn Nye posted in Life & Home Can you believe Thanksgiving is only a week away? I can’t believe how fast this year is flying by! Today I’ve rounded up 10 delicious Thanksgiving desserts because I know not everyone loves pie. I LOVE pumpkin pie, but my kids do not. I thought these desserts [...]
Feeling like a broken record? Oh no he didn’t! Yes, girlfriend. He did. Your husband accused you of nagging. And how dare he. I mean all you wanted was for him to remember to take out the trash because it’s overflowing and to actually eat with a plate. I mean who does that any way? [...]
My son’s favourite coffee shop snack is a blueberry muffin. And so this morning I decided to surprise him with a batch warm from the oven – I’m not sure why I don’t do this more often, because the batter took as much time to stir together as it took the oven to warm up. [...]
by Jenni Buckley posted in Mom Stories Pregnancy makes it very easy to complain, at least for me. I know there are women out there that feel amazing throughout their entire pregnancy, and although I’m giving those women dirty looks through my computer screen, I’m quite happy for you. The second trimester has been pretty [...]
- 2 hours ago - Happy Memorial Day! Check Out 14 Hot Military Dads
- 2 hours ago - Behind the Scenes! iVillage’s Bring Your Kid to Work Day
- 4 hours ago - Spring Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 5 hours ago - 10 things I regret teaching the kids
- 5 hours ago - Online communities deliver sanity to moms
- 5 hours ago - ADHD in childhood linked to obesity
- 5 hours ago - How young is too young to run marathons?
- 5 hours ago - What’s dirtier than a toilet seat? Your handbag!
- 8 hours ago - Age by Age Guide to Your Baby’s Social Development
- 8 hours ago - Combat Dizzy Spells During Pregnancy
Find us on Facebook
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?
- Phyllis on Finally! A Swimsuit Model We Can Celebrate
- blue chip cleaning on 35 new uses for the Magic Eraser
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=M81_7KX1s3I on Stripe Trend: 14 Nurseries With Stripes
- credit counseling des moines iowa on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).