by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories For now, if New Yorkers want to indulge in a 44-ounce Coke at the movies, that’s their prerogative. New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s proposed ban on all sodas and sugary soft drinks larger than 16 ounces was blocked yesterday, the day before it was meant to go [...]
Archive for the ‘coffee’ Tag
by Joyce Slaton posted in Mom Stories “I think we should meet in person,” my colleague said. “Ooh, that’s tough,” I said. “This week is busy.” “Just a short meeting,” she assured me. “Half an hour.” “Okay, let me think when I could do that.” I run through my insane ...
What I really wanted to do the other morning when I spilled coffee all over the kitchen was drop an F-bomb. Because my girls — ages 3.5 and 1.5 — were present (as they are with me every weekday morning in our house), I opted for the next-best PG-rated option: "Merlin’s mushrooms!" Read more from [...]
by Stacie Lewis posted in Life & Home The British love a good diet. Or, even a bad diet. Something about restraining yourself in the face of temptation appeals to the British. Of course, that it minimizes the waistline isn’t to be scoffed at either. You don’t have to live here, as I do, to [...]
Image: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Chopping Block Chop and separate produce with the Mocumbo One Stop Chop. The bamboo cutting board features three prep drawers to organize ingredients and rubber feet for a secure hold ($40, quirky.com). Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Bottled Up These colorful Giara Hermetic ...
by Leah Speer posted in Mom Stories I often envision upcoming family gatherings, whether it be Christmas with my whole family or summer vacation with my parents, as mini-vacations for me from being a mom. This is how I envision it: Greeted by my loving and supportive parents, they each scoop one of my two children [...]
Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Bottled Up These colorful Giara Hermetic Bottles are perfect for storing and serving homemade salad dressing. They’re reusable, of course, and dishwasher-safe ($9/each, thecontainerstore.com). Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Pretty Print Add some spice to the walls of an ...
by Stacie Lewis posted in Mom Stories Your baby is worried about you. He knows you survive on a diet of coffee and three day old cookies. Oh wait. That’s just me. Damn you Lindsay Weiss! Your 12 Days of Cookies is diabolical. KristinaTJ1983 on the BabyCenter Community got her Birth Group talking with this hilarious idea: [...]
by Jenni Buckley posted in Mom Stories Having a baby tops my list of the strangest things I’ve ever done. It’s weird to bring a little life into the world, and realize that this little person depends on you for EVERYTHING. You have to feed it, clean it, comfort it, and love it. This isn’t [...]
by Sara McGinnis posted in Mom Stories It’s all fun and games until somebody gets hurt, as they say. The problem with bounce houses though, is that kids are getting hurt an awful lot. Beyond the bumps and bruises one might expect from a rowdy bounce-house session, more and more kids are turning up with [...]
- 19 hours ago - 12 Kid Beachwear Basics
- 7 days ago - Summer Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 10 days ago - Tiger parenting study: Kids do better with less coercion & more positive parenting
- 10 days ago - The funniest words my kid mispronounces
- 10 days ago - 5 simple ways to show grandparents you care
- 10 days ago - Tiny handprints – what will you miss as they grow?
- 10 days ago - 54 reasons my kid won’t go to sleep
- 10 days ago - 10 mom-tested tips for curing for a bad diaper rash
- 10 days ago - My kids can’t have the same childhood I had
- 10 days ago - Talking with your kids about depression
Find us on Facebook
- hunting gifts for dad on 4 eco-awesome Mother’s Day gifts
- savingsdaily.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?