There are many things my husband and I disagree on but thankfully politics isn’t one of them. Although our reasons for voting may differ, as well as our views on what issues are the most important we share the same political background. This similarity between us makes for enlightening and affirming political conversations as opposed [...]
Archive for the ‘cancer’ Tag
I know there are a lot of mixed feelings out there about the “pinkwashing” of October. But there’s something about seeing big, tough professional football players in pink cleats that makes me smile. I love awareness programs that get people talking, and getting men to talk about breast cancer is a positive thing. Apparently ...
"Wanna Get Away?" Every month my husband and his friends get together for a “guys’ night.” Much like I can count on the sun rising and setting each day; I can count on guys’ night. Each month I find myself having mixed emotions regarding his excitement as well as commitment to this time with his [...]
With the return of fall comes a widespread desire to consume anything pumpkin. The beloved pumpkin makes its return to grocery store aisles, local coffee shops even cosmetic counters. Log on to Pinterest and an image of just about any dessert can be found, only during this season its ingredients include pumpkin. I think it [...]
A Halloween wedding? Oh yes! For some couples a Halloween wedding is far from their worst nightmare and instead it’s a dream come true. Bridal websites are filled with Halloween wedding inspiration because for some brides and grooms saying “I do” surrounded by their closest family, friends, and perhaps even a few ghosts and goblins [...]
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories If you could find out what’s in store for your newborn baby, medically, throughout her entire life, would you? In a series for Time Healthland, Bonnie Rochman explores the “promises and the pitfalls” of genome sequencing. Whether you find it spooky or fantastic, whole genome ...
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories If you could find out what’s in store for your child, medically, throughout her entire life, would you? In an article for Time Healthland, Bonnie Rochman explores promises and the pitfalls of genome sequencing. Whether you find it spooky or fantastic, whole genome sequencing, mapping out a ...
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories When heroes as big as Lance Armstrong fall from grace,parents are often left to pick up the mess. And Armstrong’s mess is a big one. It’s not just cycling enthusiasts who are let down by the news that Armstrong has been stripped of all seven of his Tour [...]
It starts with the dreaded confirmation that yes, it’s cancer. Then, life as it was previously known takes a 180 degree turn filled with treatments, follow ups, possibly surgeries, and a whole lot of emotions. But after that, when you come out on the other side having beat cancer, you often need to face the [...]
It seems these days everyone has pumpkins, costumes, and ways to celebrate the season with their little ones on the brain. For many of us October is the start of what becomes a whirlwind of holiday celebrations. We find ourselves busy picking out costumes, baking special treats, and scanning the pumpkin patch for one worthy [...]
- 7 hours ago - I can’t deal right now, so I’m leaving BC for a bit
- 9 hours ago - Headed Home? How to Have Sex at Your Parents’ House
- 9 hours ago - 10 Weird Things You Don’t Know About Disney Theme Parks
- 9 hours ago - 14 Military Homecoming Videos That Will Make You Weep
- 12 hours ago - Camping trip: I let my kids pack their own bags
- 12 hours ago - How to make extra-creamy oatmeal in 10 minutes
- 13 hours ago - Burgers Across the U.S.
- 14 hours ago - Over-committed and stretched too thin?
- 14 hours ago - Oklahoma mom endures labor as tornado destroys hospital
- 14 hours ago - Feeding issues are more common than you may think
Find us on Facebook
- khaqedafa.livejournal.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- forever living on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- Find Out More About The Ultimate Disney World Savings Guide Here on Fall Themed Wedding Cakes
- The Beauty of Food review on 10 recipes for cleaning green
- lloyds pharmacy on 5 (free) Printables for Mother’s Day