by Melissa Byers posted in Mom Stories I recently started a 5K training program and let me paint an accurate picture. I am overweight. I had NO exercise program whatsoever. I’m not athletic and I haven’t been in a long time. So what made me sign up for 10 weeks of running and a race [...]
Archive for the ‘cancer’ Tag
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories The still shot of Norma Bracamontes and her daughter Emily caught on a surveillance camera leaving the Phoenix Children’s Hospital, IV machine in tow, stirred the imagination. What would possess a mother to sneak her child, a cancer patient stricken by leukemia, with a catheter in her heart [...]
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories Despite what the media refers to as “Kate’s relapse,” the fact is hyperemesis gravidarum (HG), the pregnancy disorder that recently put the Duchess of Cambridge in the hospital, doesn’t magically disappear after one trip to the emergency room. As it stands, the only known cure for HG ...
If you've got it, flaunt it And you thought November was famous for roasted turkeys and dark afternoons. Ha. In recent years, November and its accompanying highlights have been hijacked for a cause even more worthy than stuffing and lighter mornings: Movember. It’s now a month all about shining the spotlight on men’s health ...
Young Philanthropists Foundation helps kids and their families give back to their communities and make the world a better place. Their programs include hosting family volunteer days, in which families with kids of all ages come together to make a difference, and the Penny Harvest, a service-learning and leadership project that lets ...
We interrupt our usual baby conversation to talk about a family in the Rockaway section of Queens, NY. Mom Chrissie, Dad Matt, and Katie, Mikey, and Timmy are a family who was living in Rockaway until last week when Sandy destroyed their home. The five of them have lost nearly everything and are struggling to [...]
Mikey has brain cancer — and his family lost everything in Sandy. Around the country, people are working together to help people affected by Hurricane Sandy, and the special needs community is no different. Bloggers and charitable foundations are working to get resources to families impacted by both Sandy and special needs. For people ...
by Sara McGinnis posted in Mom Stories Remember, remember, it is now Movember! What’s it all about and why should you care? Allow me to explain. Should you happen to see more fuzz on faces than usual this month, consider that the fellas are not simply just letting themselves go, they’re taking part Movember — [...]
There was a time when proposals were a private moment between two people and the story was left to be shared by the newly engaged couple. Nowadays the moment is being shared by more than just the couple. When my husband proposed it was him, my daughter and me; after all he was going to [...]
For me, my children represent everything I’ve done right. They are my most prized possession. I dream of a life in which I could be with them every moment. I want to be there to watch all my baby’s milestones rather than being told about them, and I want to pick my older daughter up [...]
- 12 hours ago - An Oklahoma Mom Shares Her Tornado Story: "The Park Is Gone"
- 17 hours ago - Watch: Mom & son reunited after Oklahoma tornado
- 17 hours ago - "MY kids will NEVER behave like that!"
- 17 hours ago - Do you mind nannies volunteering at school?
- 1 day ago - 5 Ways That Kids Can Help Families in Oklahoma
- 1 day ago - Be the Cool Mom: The Gifts They Really Want for Graduation
- 1 day ago - Be the Mom That Throws the Best Sleepovers Ever
- 1 day ago - Hot pins: 7 crave-worthy s’mores recipes
- 1 day ago - How to throw a dinosaur birthday party (Hint: start with the cake!)
- 1 day ago - 10 Tips for Traveling with Babies and Children
Find us on Facebook
- khaqedafa.livejournal.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- forever living on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- Find Out More About The Ultimate Disney World Savings Guide Here on Fall Themed Wedding Cakes
- The Beauty of Food review on 10 recipes for cleaning green
- lloyds pharmacy on 5 (free) Printables for Mother’s Day