Angelina Jolie‘s shocking disclosure yesterday that she had a prophylactic double mastectomy to reduce her risk of developing breast cancer was followed today by more news that the mom of six is also planning to have her ovaries removed, according to People. That’s because her BRCA1 gene mutation, which raises her risk for ...
Archive for the ‘cancer’ Tag
Bill and Giuliana Rancic caused a commotion when they revealed to Us Weekly that yes, they put their marriage before baby. But the new parents, who’ve weathered infertility and cancer in their first few years of marriage, believe the best thing they can do for son Duke is to keep their marriage strong. Here’s how [...]
by BabyCenter Staff posted in Mom Stories This post is part of the Global Mom Relay. Every time you share this blog, $5 will go to women and girls around the world. Scroll to the bottom to find out more. Over the past many weeks women from all walks of life have been sharing their [...]
by BabyCenter Guest Blogger posted in Mom Stories By Tania Ratu This post is part of the Global Mom Relay. Every time you share this blog, $5 will go to women and girls around the world. Scroll to the bottom to find out more. At 10 days old, most babies are at home, safe, getting [...]
by Melissa Byers posted in Mom Stories My daughter just blew out the candles on her 10th birthday cake and it’s hard not to feel nostalgic. For a decade I’ve been a parent. It’s a milestone. When I think back to her pregnancy, some of my fondest memories are of the friends I made in [...]
by Amy Hatch posted in Mom Stories I felt pretty upbeat about my upcoming hysterectomy until I went to see the doctor for my pre-surgical appointment on Wednesday morning. For years, I’ve battled the pain and unpleasant symptoms that come with the kind of fibroid tumors I have, and I’m ready to feel better. But [...]
by Amy Hatch posted in Mom Stories To my dearest uterus, I will never forget the first day of our relationship. I was caught somewhere between elation and disgust as I realized that, for the rest of my life (or so it felt at the time), once a month you would make yourself known and [...]
by Kristina Sauerwein posted in Mom Stories Melanoma is the deadliest form of skin cancer and its occurrence rate is on the rise in U.S. children from newborns to age 19, according to the May 2013 issue of the journal Pediatrics. Although childhood melanoma is rare, the increasing rate–most notably in Caucasians and girls between [...]
by Dina Freeman posted in Mom Stories This post is part of the Global Mom Relay. Every time you share it, $5 will go to women and girls around the world. Scroll to the bottom to share using the Global Mom Relay widget! This week, families all over the world are getting together to share [...]
With each pregnancy comes nausea, fatigue and breast tenderness, also known as <a href="/page/2553/">morning sickness</a>. Nausea and vomiting is the most infamous effect of the baby bump and can become so severe that it interferes with daily living. Women who work outside the home during pregnancy find it very difficult ...
- 2 hours ago - Coping with disaster stress: What you need to know
- 2 hours ago - May is Better Sleep Month: 8 ways to get baby to sleep
- 9 hours ago - Pajama Party! 16 Super-Sweet Sleepover Ideas
- 15 hours ago - Happy Memorial Day! Check Out 14 Hot Military Dads
- 15 hours ago - Behind the Scenes! iVillage’s Bring Your Kid to Work Day
- 17 hours ago - Spring Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 18 hours ago - 10 things I regret teaching the kids
- 18 hours ago - Online communities deliver sanity to moms
- 18 hours ago - ADHD in childhood linked to obesity
- 18 hours ago - How young is too young to run marathons?
Find us on Facebook
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?
- Phyllis on Finally! A Swimsuit Model We Can Celebrate
- blue chip cleaning on 35 new uses for the Magic Eraser