See pictures from the big day! Last weekend we celebrated Cullen’s first birthday. Like any big event, it has taken me a week to come down from the high and excitement of party planning, out of town visitors, and a house decorated with streamers. There is actually still one balloon afloat, not quite ready to [...]
Archive for the ‘cakes’ Tag
Vintage cakes are becoming trendy again – those dense, buttery bundt cakes, frosted layer cakes and any simple, stir-together cakes our mothers or grandmothers used to make. Upscale bakeries have moved from cupcakes to classic cakes, tapping into our sense of nostalgia and love of all things deliciously familiar. Whether you’re ...
Planning an Elmo birthday party extravaganza? Of course, you’ll need crazy-cute decorations and a clever favor idea, but you’ll probably also want to consider a cake to let that furry red monster shine. Here are over 20 smart ideas for the best Elmo cakes and cupcakes we’ve seen – guaranteed to wow your ...
October is a month of birthdays around here – and few of us opt for actual birthday cakes – most often it’s ice cream cake, or a croquembouche, or pie. My husband always chooses lemon meringue pie, but this year his choice is coconut cream – I made this last week for a story, and [...]
by Jamielyn Nye posted in Life & Home While browsing Pinterest last night I came across so many cute Halloween treats. I swear every time I get on there I gain 5 pounds just looking at the screen. It’s a bad place to visit. Of course now I have to show you some of the [...]
I love discovering new ways to decorate cupcakes that don’t involve intricate frosting techniques; although I’d love to excel at writing with a piping bag, I don’t – and so I was thrilled to find that softening chewy caramels enough to make them pliable enabled me to make solid caramel letters to sit atop cupcakes. [...]
While there’s nothing more fun than making your own Halloween treats – be they kid-friendly or super gross – sometimes you need a little help from someone else. But don’t limit store-bought offerings to boring orange supermarket cupcakes. Crumbs Bake Shop is stepping in to fill that void this Halloween with their incredibly ...
When it comes to Halloween parties everyone needs a few ideas for one stunning cake, or cake-inspired, centerpiece. Sure, the rest of the treats surrounding the cake are important too, but there is nothing quite like an awesome cake or cake-like treats to really make the party. To give you some awesome cake-spiration I’ve rounded [...]
My daughter came home the other day, wondering if I could help her make a cake for school. I dragged my feet on the project for all of four hours because cake making just makes me tired. It’s not hard to make a cake, it just takes time, so I sometimes get lazy on the [...]
Looking for kid-friendly Halloween recipe ideas? We’ve rounded up our favorite bite-sized treats that will make any Halloween affair a hit. Why tiny? Halloween parties are a good time to go miniature for a few reasons. First of all, you spent all that time getting your kid’s costume just right, so a neat, bite-sized snack [...]
- 1 day ago - 12 Kid Beachwear Basics
- 7 days ago - Summer Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 10 days ago - Tiger parenting study: Kids do better with less coercion & more positive parenting
- 10 days ago - The funniest words my kid mispronounces
- 10 days ago - 5 simple ways to show grandparents you care
- 10 days ago - Tiny handprints – what will you miss as they grow?
- 10 days ago - 54 reasons my kid won’t go to sleep
- 10 days ago - 10 mom-tested tips for curing for a bad diaper rash
- 10 days ago - My kids can’t have the same childhood I had
- 10 days ago - Talking with your kids about depression
Find us on Facebook
- hunting gifts for dad on 4 eco-awesome Mother’s Day gifts
- savingsdaily.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?