by Sabrina Garibian posted in Mom Stories Why is it that when you talk about your hopeful birth plans everyone insists on adding that the goal is a healthy baby? Is that not obvious? I always thought it was as clear as the night sky in the country. Of course everyone wishes for a healthy [...]
Archive for the ‘breastfeeding’ Tag
When I shared with you my fears about getting back onto the saddle and being intimate with my husband since giving birth to our baby, several of you commented giving me excellent advice. You shared your own experiences and offered several suggestions. More importantly, you reminded me that what I am feeling is normal and [...]
by Gwen Dewar, Ph.D. posted in Mom Stories If you’re stressed out and pregnant, it’s not what you want to hear: Your stress affects the baby. Studies have found that pregnant women suffering from clinical anxiety or depression are more likely to have children with a variety of problems, including atypical stress responses, more negative [...]
by Sabrina Garibian posted in Mom Stories I’m already showing, like, yes-this-is-pregnant-belly-and-not-just-too-many-brownies showing. How did this happen? Last time around I was so thrilled when anyone noticed my bump. At 15 weeks I even wore the tightest clothing I could to show it off to my family. This time I’m not so ...
Does having a baby drive parents to drink? Maybe! According to The Drinks Business website new survey finds that parents may be drinking more alcohol after the birth of their first child: The survey, released on behalf of 4Children, found that 17% of parents drink more alcohol than usual after their first baby is born, [...]
Favorite robe? Check.<br /> Toothbrush? Check.<br /> Camera? Check.<br /> Back-up plan in case labor stalls…huh?! Many women that are sporting the baby bump can tell you all their future plans. The nursery is painted in attractive blending hues. The crib, port-a-crib, baby swing and car seat are the newest ones on the ...
Being away from Avery for three days means that my breast pump is with me everywhere that I go on my trip. I was so worried I wasn’t going to have enough milk for her, but after some major pumping sessions, I believe that she will have more than enough. I don’t want my milk supply [...]
by Denise Cortes posted in Mom Stories From our first year of marriage until year eleven, my husband and I had little ones camping out in our bed. How we coped, I have no idea. We survived newborns, poopy diaper explosions at three in the morning, wet diapers leaks, feverish, vomiting toddlers and sippy cups [...]
by Sabrina Garibian posted in Mom Stories Some of you didn’t think it was possible, right? Well it is. Breastfeeding while pregnant is not something I ever thought I would do. Actually, I didn’t even know one could breastfeed while pregnant. When we decided to try for another baby, I knew it would be important [...]
by Lindsay Weiss posted in Mom Stories Ouch. I know the headline is cringe-worthy. But that’s exactly how my husband refers to the medical procedure known as (duh-duh-duh) vasectomy. We’ve been talking about it quite a bit in our house, because after I deliver baby No. 3 we are officially done having children. DONE. And [...]
- 7 hours ago - I can’t deal right now, so I’m leaving BC for a bit
- 9 hours ago - Headed Home? How to Have Sex at Your Parents’ House
- 9 hours ago - 10 Weird Things You Don’t Know About Disney Theme Parks
- 9 hours ago - 14 Military Homecoming Videos That Will Make You Weep
- 12 hours ago - Camping trip: I let my kids pack their own bags
- 12 hours ago - How to make extra-creamy oatmeal in 10 minutes
- 14 hours ago - Burgers Across the U.S.
- 14 hours ago - Over-committed and stretched too thin?
- 14 hours ago - Oklahoma mom endures labor as tornado destroys hospital
- 14 hours ago - Feeding issues are more common than you may think
Find us on Facebook
- khaqedafa.livejournal.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- forever living on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- Find Out More About The Ultimate Disney World Savings Guide Here on Fall Themed Wedding Cakes
- The Beauty of Food review on 10 recipes for cleaning green
- lloyds pharmacy on 5 (free) Printables for Mother’s Day