by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories It’s long been suspected that handing out pacifiers in hospitals was akin to telling a mom not to bother with breastfeeding. The restriction of pacifiers is on the list of ten steps hospitals must follow before they can call themselves “baby friendly.” Step 9: Give no pacifiers or [...]
Archive for the ‘breastfeeding’ Tag
by Katherine Martin posted in Mom Stories Let me start off by saying I am a strong supporter of breastfeeding. I’ve breastfed all my kids, it’s just kind of what I know at this point. But some days I just wish it was a little bit easier. Recently there were three separate knocks on the [...]
by Dr. Harvey Karp posted in Mom Stories Baby wrapping is an ancient practice and was widespread until the 1800s, when American moms began abandoning it en masse. Some stopped because they felt it was passé, while others bought into the spreading new belief that wrapping deprived new babies of their freedom. In the late [...]
There are many things I love about breastfeeding: the convenience, the health benefits for my baby and the calorie burning for me, to name a few. What’s not on my list of breastfeeding perks? The ability to pump extra breast milk so that I, my husband and a couple of pals can do shots of [...]
by Sabrina Garibian posted in Mom Stories Until this week I had forgotten one huge element involved in having a second child – getting the first child ready. When I have this baby (hopefully soon but not too soon) Raffi will be only 18 months old. He doesn’t fully understand what’s going on, but he’s [...]
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories Debbie Riddle, a Texas state representative, offered her opinion about House Bill 1706, which could allow Texas women who feel their rights to breastfeed in public have been violated to file a lawsuit. In her reaction, posted on her Facebook page, Riddle stressed the importance for women to [...]
by Dr. Harvey Karp posted in Mom Stories Ask Dr. Karp is a monthly Q & A series with world-renowned pediatrician Harvey Karp. Each month, he’ll join us on the BabyCenter Blog to answer questions from our fans. Have a question for Dr. Karp? Leave it in the comments below. Maybe your question will be [...]
by Laura Larsen posted in Mom Stories We often hear of the ‘mommy wars’ – moms battling each other over what the ‘best’ way to do some parenting element and shaming moms who admit to not being perfect in all things at all times. Disagreements abound. However, there’s a large gap between disagreeing with ...
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories There are plenty of good reasons to breastfeed your baby, from fewer gastrointestinal infections to higher IQ. But one oft-touted benefit of breastfeeding, that it prevents obesity, has recently been called into question. According to this Time Healthland report a recent study that tracked 15,000 mothers and ...
by Sabrina Garibian posted in Mom Stories I give up. I don’t know how you other pregnant moms do it, but I simply give up. I’m tired. I’m sore. I can’t sleep. I’m very cranky. I can’t rock Raffi when he needs me, and I’m ready for the finish line to appear before my eyes. [...]
- 6 mins ago - 9 picture books you never want your kid to read
- 6 mins ago - How children make themselves
- 6 mins ago - Mother saves baby after stroller rolls onto train tracks
- 17 hours ago - Did anyone make up bedtime stories for you?
- 20 hours ago - Tips for necklace making with kids
- 1 day ago - 16 Things You May Not Know Are Happening at Daycare
- 1 day ago - Work After Baby: How Giuliana Rancic and 26 More Moms Did It!
- 1 day ago - Beyonce Is Pregnant! 10 Baby Name Picks from the Bey Bey Generator
- 1 day ago - Breastfeeding sexualized by new billboard
- 1 day ago - Photos: When kids dress themselves
Find us on Facebook
- Phyllis on Finally! A Swimsuit Model We Can Celebrate
- blue chip cleaning on 35 new uses for the Magic Eraser
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=M81_7KX1s3I on Stripe Trend: 14 Nurseries With Stripes
- credit counseling des moines iowa on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- Jean Michel Jarre Discography Free Download on Puppet Massacre: 9 Sesame Street Characters Re-imagined as Horror Movie Villains