by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories While nonprofits like Save the Children are tirelessly working to solve the problem of global childhood malnutrition, we here in the promised land are debating the pros and cons of paying our kids, Heidi Klum style, to eat their vegetables. I’m not above bribery. I’ve resorted to it [...]
Archive for the ‘breastfeeding’ Tag
by BabyCenter Featured Expert posted in Mom Stories By: Cheri Clancy RN Feeding issues are painful for everyone involved. Here are 10 tips you can try as a first step the next time your baby is fussy. If these don’t work to ease the pain, I suggest reaching out to your pediatrician who may recommend [...]
If you’re still contemplating whether to breast-feed or bottle-feed we are happy to give you some direction. While some mothers have no choice in this decision, some moms contemplate the pros and cons of breastfeeding. One major decision maker should be the health of your little one. Read more from source:“thebabycorner.com”
by Jennifer Borget posted in Mom Stories If you’ve ever gone on a trip without your nursing baby, you know how much planning it takes to keep you supply up and going–not to mention trying to save some milk for your return. There’s no such thing as traveling light. You have to remember your pump, [...]
by Gwen Dewar, Ph.D. posted in Mom Stories A new study of teeth suggests that a Neanderthal baby was breastfed exclusively for 7 months and completely weaned at around 14 months of age. How did researchers figure this out? And what does it tell us about what’s natural or normal for modern babies? Some people [...]
by Leah Speer posted in Mom Stories Could we do all of this without one another? Could we survive the sleepless nights, the toddler tantrums, the sassy preschoolers, the cranky husbands, and all the other things we experience as moms without a community to lean on? Together, we can feel safe sharing. We all have [...]
by Jenni Buckley posted in Mom Stories A new billboard recently popped up on the Sunset Strip in Los Angeles. The billboard is an advertisement for the dating website, Cougarlife.com. Cougars, if you’re unaware, is a slang term used to describe an older woman who ‘preys’ on younger men. Your immediate reaction is probably ...
Someone please tell us this is a Saturday Night Live skit. Read more from source:“ivillage.com”
by Dr. Lisa Dana posted in Mom Stories Controversial research out of the University of California at San Francisco finds that women who offer their babies small amounts of formula in the first days of life are more likely to succeed with breastfeeding. This contradicts World Health Organization breast feeding recommendations. The data was ...
by Jenni Buckley posted in Mom Stories The transition into having two kids has been harder than I expected. I went into having this second baby with a smug, know-it-all attitude. This been there-done that attitude helped me for the first couple of days after L was born. Breastfeeding has been very easy for me [...]
- 2 days ago - 12 Kid Beachwear Basics
- 8 days ago - Summer Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 12 days ago - Tiger parenting study: Kids do better with less coercion & more positive parenting
- 12 days ago - The funniest words my kid mispronounces
- 12 days ago - 5 simple ways to show grandparents you care
- 12 days ago - Tiny handprints – what will you miss as they grow?
- 12 days ago - 54 reasons my kid won’t go to sleep
- 12 days ago - 10 mom-tested tips for curing for a bad diaper rash
- 12 days ago - My kids can’t have the same childhood I had
- 12 days ago - Talking with your kids about depression
Find us on Facebook
- hunting gifts for dad on 4 eco-awesome Mother’s Day gifts
- savingsdaily.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?