<< Photo via iStockPhoto >> Today is Halloween, Fern’s very first, while Fern will be heading out as an adorable little pink and grey elephant, I will be masquerading as a zombie. Unfortunately my costume isn’t quite as cute and even more unfortunately it’s real-life and not a costume. Fern is experiencing her ...
Archive for the ‘breast milk’ Tag
When I went back to work with my oldest daughter, my milk supply dropped drastically. I was a middle school science teacher and didn’t get many breaks during the day to go into another room to pump. I tried to keep up my supply in order for her to have all of the bottles she [...]
When Elvie was in the middle of her second hospital stay, I expressed concern that she wasn’t getting much of her medicine down because she had developed rather sophisticated ways of spitting it back out. Just when I thought I’d figured out a new way to trick her into swallowing it, she would figure out [...]
As has been the case for the past 11 weeks, there continues to be a great amount of pregnancy medical news emerging almost every day. While this week has been no different, especially interesting findings were released a few days ago. According to a study from the American Association for Cancer Research: Frontiers in Cancer [...]
I’m fortunate to have several family members with young kids around me. It means I’ve gotten to see how several other parents have chosen to raise their kids and in doing so, have gotten a good idea of some things we do and do not want to do with ours. And it’s from these experiences [...]
Being away from Avery for three days means that my breast pump is with me everywhere that I go on my trip. I was so worried I wasn’t going to have enough milk for her, but after some major pumping sessions, I believe that she will have more than enough. I don’t want my milk supply [...]
I got the flu once in college. It was miserable. I’ve never been so sick. I was out of classes for a week with a fever and cough. I couldn’t breathe through my nose and I had constant body aches. Awful. Ever since then I’ve gotten the flu shot and I’ve never gotten the flu [...]
I’m leaving Avery for my first real overnight trip next week and I am a total and complete mess about it. I did spend two nights away from her a couple of weeks ago, but I was still here in the city and could have been home in a matter of minutes if she needed [...]
Kids can be expensive! Right from the moment we get pregnant we start to browse through baby products and wonder how we are going to afford all the necessities and products that will make raising our baby easier. There are many ways to save while stocking up on the newborn necessities. Buying certain products second-hand like those [...]
We all know we’re supposed to drink water. It’s good for us, they say. It’s important to your health, they say. Not getting enough is bad, they say. But no one ever tells us why it’s so darn important. If you’re trying to get pregnant, or if you already are pregnant, drinking enough water is [...]
- 5 hours ago - I can’t deal right now, so I’m leaving BC for a bit
- 7 hours ago - Headed Home? How to Have Sex at Your Parents’ House
- 7 hours ago - 10 Weird Things You Don’t Know About Disney Theme Parks
- 7 hours ago - 14 Military Homecoming Videos That Will Make You Weep
- 10 hours ago - Camping trip: I let my kids pack their own bags
- 10 hours ago - How to make extra-creamy oatmeal in 10 minutes
- 12 hours ago - Burgers Across the U.S.
- 12 hours ago - Over-committed and stretched too thin?
- 12 hours ago - Oklahoma mom endures labor as tornado destroys hospital
- 12 hours ago - Feeding issues are more common than you may think
Find us on Facebook
- khaqedafa.livejournal.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- forever living on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- Find Out More About The Ultimate Disney World Savings Guide Here on Fall Themed Wedding Cakes
- The Beauty of Food review on 10 recipes for cleaning green
- lloyds pharmacy on 5 (free) Printables for Mother’s Day