by Erin Lane posted in Mom Stories I’m a crier. I always have been. Every emotion that comes out of my body typically ends up being manifested through tears. Sad? Obviously. Angry? Stupid tears leak out every time. Happy? Oh yeah, I cry then too. My husband, on the other hand, is not a crier. [...]
Archive for the ‘birth’ Tag
by Amy Graff posted in Mom Stories Labor with my daughter was 12 grueling hours. Doctors finally pulled her out via a vacuum extraction. My son shot out like a rocket in one hour. My husband barely made it to the hospital. How long will labor last with my third? Every month when I have [...]
by Denise Cortes posted in Mom Stories May is Better Sleep Month, and I can’t think of a group of people who need better sleep more than new parents and their babies. My “baby” is already eight years old, but I can vividly remember what it was like to be sleep deprived. Most nights, I [...]
by Leah Speer posted in Mom Stories Could we do all of this without one another? Could we survive the sleepless nights, the toddler tantrums, the sassy preschoolers, the cranky husbands, and all the other things we experience as moms without a community to lean on? Together, we can feel safe sharing. We all have [...]
Main Photo: Photo by: Working Mother Editor Woman inventor Chicago-based mom Dhana Cohen got the inventing bug about 17 years ago with the birth of her first child. Her idea, a front door sign saying “Shhh! Please Knock, I’m sleeping,” was a nod to her light-sleeper son, who’d wake up at the sound of the [...]
by Kristina Sauerwein posted in Mom Stories Dare I admit that I enjoyed my c-section birth experiences? With one-third of all U.S. babies being delivered via c-section, a number that is increasing, I can’t be the only happy c-section mom. In fact, I know I am not. The other day at the mall, I ran [...]
by Dina Freeman posted in Mom Stories I’m ashamed to say that I didn’t know much about preeclampsia before the much-talked-about episode of Downton Abbey aired earlier this year in the U.S. (spoiler alert for those who aren’t caught up yet!) This is pretty scary, given the fact that I’ve given birth to two children [...]
by Jenni Buckley posted in Mom Stories I’m sure this will knock me out of the running for any Mother-of-the-Year award, but I really don’t like babies. Allow me to elaborate, since the term “baby” can be used for a huge array of different ages. I don’t like this 0-3 month, newborn phase. I can [...]
by Jennifer Borget posted in Mom Stories They may not know our language yet but they do know our voice, and that’s enough to get some moms talking to their newborns when they need reassurance. What we say varies from mom to mom. That’s exactly what mothers in my April 2013 birth club are discussing [...]
by Dr. Lisa Dana posted in Mom Stories Controversial research out of the University of California at San Francisco finds that women who offer their babies small amounts of formula in the first days of life are more likely to succeed with breastfeeding. This contradicts World Health Organization breast feeding recommendations. The data was ...
- 9 mins ago - 10 Tips for Traveling with Babies and Children
- 40 mins ago - Are U.S. kindergartens teaching math that kids already know?
- 40 mins ago - New co-sleeping study reveals shocking SIDS risk
- 40 mins ago - Toddler scores a goal, wins the internet
- 40 mins ago - When in doubt, blame the childless people
- 40 mins ago - 5 ways to show your kids you care when you’re away
- 10 hours ago - Weddings Printables Index
- 10 hours ago - Advantages to Using an Auto Broker
- 10 hours ago - Bananas foster – make it tonight!
- 12 hours ago - The ultimate summer bucket list for preschoolers!
Find us on Facebook
- Find Out More About The Ultimate Disney World Savings Guide Here on Fall Themed Wedding Cakes
- The Beauty of Food review on 10 recipes for cleaning green
- lloyds pharmacy on 5 (free) Printables for Mother’s Day
- Eating for energy Scam on 7 Homemade Food Gifts Kids Can Make for Friends
- walden university nursing faculty jobs on Fall Themed Wedding Cakes