Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor mom blocks We’re two weeks into a new year that’s still “fresh, with no mistakes in it” (at least, not too many), as Anne of Green Gables said. And that’s exhilarating and motivating, giving us a chance to take a look at who we are, where we are and [...]
Archive for the ‘Work’ Category
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor FSA Surprisingly, only 16 percent of American workers contribute the right amount to pre-tax flexible spending accounts (FSA), according to the 2012 Aflac WorkForces Report. As the end of the year approaches, you may realize too late that you’ve exceeded your annual FSA contribution, ...
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Give Charity during the holidays is a wonderful way to share the spirit of giving with your kids. But how do you carve out donations from a tight budget? By prioritizing spending, researching charities and involving the whole family, says Beth Kobliner, author of Get a Financial Life, member [...]
Nowadays, the words “holiday” and “vacation” don’t necessarily mean a complete break from work. Many of us have to still check and respond to emails at a bare minimum. Squeezing in time to work while traveling can be a real challenge, whether it’s during summer vacation, the often harried winter holidays, or any other time [...]
According to the 2012 Aflac WorkForces Report, only 16 percent of American workers contribute the right amount to their pre-tax flexible spending accounts (FSA). As the end of the year approaches, you may realize too late that you’ve exceeded your annual FSA contribution, creating unanticipated post-tax expenditures, or that you have ...
Ready for your golden years? Men contribute nearly 50 percent more to their employer 401(k) plans each year than women, if women participate at all. “Working moms often focus less on future wealth-building and more on immediate family finances,” says Mary Quist- Newins, assistant professor of women’s studies at the American College in ...
We’ve all heard the old adage, “Behind every successful man is a woman.” Earlier this year, Bloomberg Businessweek ran an intriguing article titled, “Behind Every Great Woman.” The piece focuses on the sacrifices husbands and wives make when the woman has achieved a senior position with the accompanying high salary and demands on her ...
When starting a business, a solid business plan can help you secure financing and win those crucial first customers. It can be your best asset, but a faulty business plan can create obstacles that could derail your new business before it has a chance to succeed. Why is a business plan important? A business plan [...]
By the time U.S. workers reach age 42, they have held an average of 11 different jobs, according to a 2012 Labor Department study. Sometimes we are forced to change employers because we’re laid off. In happier cases, we switch jobs because we have found one with more interesting work, more opportunity for career growth [...]
Losing your job can be one of life’s most traumatic events. Gone are your income, employee benefits and perhaps even your sense of identity. A layoff can also wreak havoc with financial plans for a new home, saving for college and your own retirement. If you can’t keep up with the bills, you may damage [...]
- 2 days ago - 12 Kid Beachwear Basics
- 8 days ago - Summer Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 11 days ago - Tiger parenting study: Kids do better with less coercion & more positive parenting
- 11 days ago - The funniest words my kid mispronounces
- 11 days ago - 5 simple ways to show grandparents you care
- 11 days ago - Tiny handprints – what will you miss as they grow?
- 11 days ago - 54 reasons my kid won’t go to sleep
- 11 days ago - 10 mom-tested tips for curing for a bad diaper rash
- 11 days ago - My kids can’t have the same childhood I had
- 11 days ago - Talking with your kids about depression
Find us on Facebook
- hunting gifts for dad on 4 eco-awesome Mother’s Day gifts
- savingsdaily.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?