Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor mother and son When we did the “mental math” on caring for our son the first few years of his life, it just made sense for me to stay at home, and eventually, work from home. At first glance, it didn’t seem logical to give away half my salary [...]
Archive for the ‘Work’ Category
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Face Palm Working moms of all stripes were excited last summer when Yahoo! named Marissa Mayer CEO, even as her maternity leave loomed just a few months away. Yes, she soon concerned us fellow working parents when she immediately committed publically to a two-week maternity leave. But I ...
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor romance thumb A recent Work-Life-Relationship survey conducted by FlexJobs, found that the majority of over 1,000 professionals think flexible work and better relationships go hand-in-hand. In fact, they thought that flexible work could have romantic benefits beyond just hand-holding ...
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Mom child When a great joy like the birth or adoption of a child occurs, the most important thing parents can give is our time. The same is true when the going gets tough, and a spouse, child or parent suffers from serious health conditions. And when we, ourselves, [...]
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Shannon Levart Six years ago, Shannon Levart (pictured right) was raising two kids while working part-time as a courier and pizza delivery person. Then she heard about Etsy, where individuals can sell their wares online. Shannon felt it coould be a great way to showcase her passion for ...
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor mom son play It’s always interesting to find out what people REALLY think, and on the topic of working and motherhood, there are often widely varying views. So my company, FlexJobs, recently conducted a survey of our members who are working parents — 93% of whom are working mothers [...]
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Karen Kang After giving birth to twins and having a third daughter still in diapers, it was hard to think of myself as a professional. I had a home filled with baby bottles, overflowing laundry baskets and rarely had time to take a shower in the morning. Yet, unlike [...]
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor pregnant stretch You’re rocking that bump at work, but sometimes you’re hurting, too. We’ve got some easy moves to help you ease pregnancy aches and pains at the office. For foot pain and swelling, sit in your chair, lift one foot slightly off the ground and gently rotate your [...]
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor mom baby in carrier Whether longingly sniffing your baby’s lingering scent on your skin or guiltily glad to be back (hello adult convo!), returning to work after maternity leave can be tough. Here, help from Keyla Kirton, coordinator of recruitment and research at Farmingdale State College ...
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor change purse It’s bound to come up at some point, but for most kids the “salary question” isn’t about pay amounts. “It’s usually a hint that a broader money question is puzzling your child,” says Stuart Ritter, a family financial education expert with T. Rowe Price. So instead ...
- 3 hours ago - Happy Memorial Day! Check Out 14 Hot Military Dads
- 3 hours ago - Behind the Scenes! iVillage’s Bring Your Kid to Work Day
- 5 hours ago - Spring Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 6 hours ago - 10 things I regret teaching the kids
- 6 hours ago - Online communities deliver sanity to moms
- 6 hours ago - ADHD in childhood linked to obesity
- 6 hours ago - How young is too young to run marathons?
- 6 hours ago - What’s dirtier than a toilet seat? Your handbag!
- 10 hours ago - Age by Age Guide to Your Baby’s Social Development
- 10 hours ago - Combat Dizzy Spells During Pregnancy
Find us on Facebook
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?
- Phyllis on Finally! A Swimsuit Model We Can Celebrate
- blue chip cleaning on 35 new uses for the Magic Eraser
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=M81_7KX1s3I on Stripe Trend: 14 Nurseries With Stripes
- credit counseling des moines iowa on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).