Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor phone-thumb When you’re clocking in long hours at the office, the idea of working at home seems like the Holy Grail. But before you bid adieu to your current position in favor of flex, here’s what you’ll really need in order to successfully work at home: Related Links: 4 [...]
Archive for the ‘Work’ Category
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Happy_MC-Mom_thumb When I became a mom at 20, I was still a kid myself. I was still learning the ins and outs of being an adult and how to manage money. It’s hard enough learning how to handle finances when you’re an adult sans kids, but add a child [...]
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor fire truck To aid your quest to promote financial literacy in your kids, here’s how to introduce this confusing (evento grown-ups!) concept. Keep it simple. Try: “Things like streetlights, schools and police and fire services are available to everyone who lives in America. We all help ...
Main Photo: Photo by: Carolyn Ridsdale tax illo 2013 You’ve put it off long enough, but now it’s time to get your tax forms in order—pronto. If you’re doing your own return at the last minute, make the process quicker, more accurate and a little less painful with these guidelines. Pull it together. Before you [...]
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Kristina Leroux On a typical weekday morning, Alabama-based mother of three Kristina Leroux does what many of us do: gets her kids (ages 12, 10 and 8) up, makes their lunches and then drops them off at school. But instead of making her way to an office for a [...]
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Online business So you want to start an online business. Maybe you lost your job, want extra income or aspire to join the ranks of web entrepreneurs who are getting rich. Maybe the image of Yahoo workers getting called back to their cubicles after working from home has you [...]
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor brunette thinking I remember laughing at a friend of mine when she turned 30. The doubled over, crying kind of laughter. Thirty seemed so old when I was in my early 20s; the future is something I just didn’t think about. I couldn’t imagine ever turning 30, let alone [...]
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor mother and son When we did the “mental math” on caring for our son the first few years of his life, it just made sense for me to stay at home and, eventually, work from home. At first glance, it didn’t seem logical to give away half my salary [...]
Image: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Minty Fresh If your desk is cluttered with about-to-topple paper stacks, consider sorting the piles and storing papers in this industrial-design TPS mint file cabinet. It features two top drawers to house miscellaneous items along with the essential file drawer. And the pretty color will give ...
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor brunette_mug The initial reaction to Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer’s decision to ban telecommuting was overwhelmingly against, with workplace experts, working professionals, and parents speaking out in favor of working from home. As the story continues to unfold, some “experts” ...
- 2 days ago - 12 Kid Beachwear Basics
- 8 days ago - Summer Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 11 days ago - Tiger parenting study: Kids do better with less coercion & more positive parenting
- 11 days ago - The funniest words my kid mispronounces
- 11 days ago - 5 simple ways to show grandparents you care
- 11 days ago - Tiny handprints – what will you miss as they grow?
- 11 days ago - 54 reasons my kid won’t go to sleep
- 11 days ago - 10 mom-tested tips for curing for a bad diaper rash
- 11 days ago - My kids can’t have the same childhood I had
- 11 days ago - Talking with your kids about depression
Find us on Facebook
- hunting gifts for dad on 4 eco-awesome Mother’s Day gifts
- savingsdaily.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?