It’s the question most every working mother inevitably asks herself: Can I have it all? read more Read more from source:“workingmother”
Archive for the ‘New Mom @Work’ Category
It’s the question every working mother inevitably asks herself: Can you have it all? read more Read more from source:“workingmother” Incoming search terms:cereus women
Though research shows there’s no direct brain change during pregnancy, a new study from the University of California-Irvine suggests that the surge of hormones moms-to-be experience really can cause what we call “pregnancy brain.” You know, when prenatal memory and focus get fuzzy. Work can fall victim to this condition, but you don’t ...
New York NY (September 27, 2011) — Working Mother Media announces today a campaig read more Read more from source:“workingmother”
Image: Before you go public Sharing the news that you’re expecting with family and friends is the easy part. They’ll smile, hug, congratulate you, and maybe even cry. Chances are, telling your boss and coworkers won’t be as heartwarming—they might worry that you won’t come back to work or question how committed you are to [...]
Now Whether pregnant or adopting, find out how much paid time off you can apply to your maternity leave. Start stockpiling. If you work for yourself, consider how much time you can realistically take off. 20 weeks Make a list of all your responsibilities, both short and long term. Set priorities about what you personally [...]
Job hunting is tough, but when you’re expecting…well, you don’t want your belly to bump you off the top of the employer’s candidate list. Shine a light on your skills with tips from New York City branding expert Samantha Ettus.Do your homework. During an interview, you want your smarts to glow, not your pregnancy. Research [...]
Q. I’m supposed to go on maternity leave in the new year, but I’m worried my boss will realize the company can survive without me. I’m concerned that I’ll be spending what should be a joyous time with my new baby fretting about being replaced at work. Mary Lynne: I would like one dollar for [...]
Are you a soon-to-be mom and pregnant at work? Or are you already on maternity leave planning to return to your job at the end of it? Are you back in the workplace with a baby or two at home, tired from lack of sleep, trying to get back into your old wardrobe, and negotiating [...]
Working moms go through a lot of firsts: first job, first promotion, first baby—and, of course, all of our kids’ firsts (you get the picture). Some are exhilarating, some exhausting, some painful, some proud. But the first that’s hard to beat for sheer emotional anxiety is the new mom’s first day back on the job [...]
- 24 hours ago - 12 Kid Beachwear Basics
- 7 days ago - Summer Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 10 days ago - Tiger parenting study: Kids do better with less coercion & more positive parenting
- 10 days ago - The funniest words my kid mispronounces
- 10 days ago - 5 simple ways to show grandparents you care
- 10 days ago - Tiny handprints – what will you miss as they grow?
- 10 days ago - 54 reasons my kid won’t go to sleep
- 10 days ago - 10 mom-tested tips for curing for a bad diaper rash
- 10 days ago - My kids can’t have the same childhood I had
- 10 days ago - Talking with your kids about depression
Find us on Facebook
- hunting gifts for dad on 4 eco-awesome Mother’s Day gifts
- savingsdaily.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?