Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor mom son play It’s always interesting to find out what people REALLY think, and on the topic of working and motherhood, there are often widely varying views. So my company, FlexJobs, recently conducted a survey of our members who are working parents — 93% of whom are working mothers [...]
Archive for the ‘Money’ Category
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Karen Kang After giving birth to twins and having a third daughter still in diapers, it was hard to think of myself as a professional. I had a home filled with baby bottles, overflowing laundry baskets and rarely had time to take a shower in the morning. Yet, unlike [...]
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor change purse It’s bound to come up at some point, but for most kids the “salary question” isn’t about pay amounts. “It’s usually a hint that a broader money question is puzzling your child,” says Stuart Ritter, a family financial education expert with T. Rowe Price. So instead ...
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor mom blocks We’re two weeks into a new year that’s still “fresh, with no mistakes in it” (at least, not too many), as Anne of Green Gables said. And that’s exhilarating and motivating, giving us a chance to take a look at who we are, where we are and [...]
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor FSA Surprisingly, only 16 percent of American workers contribute the right amount to pre-tax flexible spending accounts (FSA), according to the 2012 Aflac WorkForces Report. As the end of the year approaches, you may realize too late that you’ve exceeded your annual FSA contribution, ...
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Give Charity during the holidays is a wonderful way to share the spirit of giving with your kids. But how do you carve out donations from a tight budget? By prioritizing spending, researching charities and involving the whole family, says Beth Kobliner, author of Get a Financial Life, member [...]
Nowadays, the words “holiday” and “vacation” don’t necessarily mean a complete break from work. Many of us have to still check and respond to emails at a bare minimum. Squeezing in time to work while traveling can be a real challenge, whether it’s during summer vacation, the often harried winter holidays, or any other time [...]
According to the 2012 Aflac WorkForces Report, only 16 percent of American workers contribute the right amount to their pre-tax flexible spending accounts (FSA). As the end of the year approaches, you may realize too late that you’ve exceeded your annual FSA contribution, creating unanticipated post-tax expenditures, or that you have ...
Ready for your golden years? Men contribute nearly 50 percent more to their employer 401(k) plans each year than women, if women participate at all. “Working moms often focus less on future wealth-building and more on immediate family finances,” says Mary Quist- Newins, assistant professor of women’s studies at the American College in ...
We’ve all heard the old adage, “Behind every successful man is a woman.” Earlier this year, Bloomberg Businessweek ran an intriguing article titled, “Behind Every Great Woman.” The piece focuses on the sacrifices husbands and wives make when the woman has achieved a senior position with the accompanying high salary and demands on her ...
- 4 hours ago - "Dutch babies sleep" and other European parenting secrets
- 4 hours ago - Do you know an amazing nurse?
- 4 hours ago - Genes may predict who gets postpartum depression
- 7 hours ago - Look for the Teachers: They’re the Heroes Here, Too
- 7 hours ago - The Best Ways to Talk to Kids About the Oklahoma Tornado
- 7 hours ago - Is Beyonce Pregnant? 10 Baby Name Picks from the Bey Bey Generator
- 7 hours ago - 19 DIY Teacher Gift Ideas They’ll Really Use
- 8 hours ago - 6 yummy dishes for your Memorial Day menu
- 9 hours ago - Grad Gifts: Elementary School
- 10 hours ago - Would you go this far to protect your bullied child?
Find us on Facebook
- Eating for energy Scam on 7 Homemade Food Gifts Kids Can Make for Friends
- walden university nursing faculty jobs on Fall Themed Wedding Cakes
- savingsdaily.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).