Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Kristina Leroux On a typical weekday morning, Alabama-based mother of three Kristina Leroux does what many of us do: gets her kids (ages 12, 10 and 8) up, makes their lunches and then drops them off at school. But instead of making her way to an office for a [...]
Archive for the ‘Money’ Category
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Online business So you want to start an online business. Maybe you lost your job, want extra income or aspire to join the ranks of web entrepreneurs who are getting rich. Maybe the image of Yahoo workers getting called back to their cubicles after working from home has you [...]
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor brunette thinking I remember laughing at a friend of mine when she turned 30. The doubled over, crying kind of laughter. Thirty seemed so old when I was in my early 20s; the future is something I just didn’t think about. I couldn’t imagine ever turning 30, let alone [...]
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor mother and son When we did the “mental math” on caring for our son the first few years of his life, it just made sense for me to stay at home and, eventually, work from home. At first glance, it didn’t seem logical to give away half my salary [...]
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor brunette_mug The initial reaction to Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer’s decision to ban telecommuting was overwhelmingly against, with workplace experts, working professionals, and parents speaking out in favor of working from home. As the story continues to unfold, some “experts” ...
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor mother and son When we did the “mental math” on caring for our son the first few years of his life, it just made sense for me to stay at home, and eventually, work from home. At first glance, it didn’t seem logical to give away half my salary [...]
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Face Palm Working moms of all stripes were excited last summer when Yahoo! named Marissa Mayer CEO, even as her maternity leave loomed just a few months away. Yes, she soon concerned us fellow working parents when she immediately committed publically to a two-week maternity leave. But I ...
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor romance thumb A recent Work-Life-Relationship survey conducted by FlexJobs, found that the majority of over 1,000 professionals think flexible work and better relationships go hand-in-hand. In fact, they thought that flexible work could have romantic benefits beyond just hand-holding ...
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Mom child When a great joy like the birth or adoption of a child occurs, the most important thing parents can give is our time. The same is true when the going gets tough, and a spouse, child or parent suffers from serious health conditions. And when we, ourselves, [...]
Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Shannon Levart Six years ago, Shannon Levart (pictured right) was raising two kids while working part-time as a courier and pizza delivery person. Then she heard about Etsy, where individuals can sell their wares online. Shannon felt it coould be a great way to showcase her passion for ...
- 1 hour ago - 5 Ways That Kids Can Help Families in Oklahoma
- 1 hour ago - Be the Cool Mom: The Gifts They Really Want for Graduation
- 1 hour ago - Be the Mom That Throws the Best Sleepovers Ever
- 3 hours ago - Hot pins: 7 crave-worthy s’mores recipes
- 3 hours ago - How to throw a dinosaur birthday party (Hint: start with the cake!)
- 4 hours ago - 10 Tips for Traveling with Babies and Children
- 4 hours ago - Are U.S. kindergartens teaching math that kids already know?
- 4 hours ago - New co-sleeping study reveals shocking SIDS risk
- 4 hours ago - Toddler scores a goal, wins the internet
- 4 hours ago - When in doubt, blame the childless people
Find us on Facebook
- viagra on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means
- Find Out More About The Ultimate Disney World Savings Guide Here on Fall Themed Wedding Cakes
- The Beauty of Food review on 10 recipes for cleaning green
- lloyds pharmacy on 5 (free) Printables for Mother’s Day
- Eating for energy Scam on 7 Homemade Food Gifts Kids Can Make for Friends