Massachusetts is now the second state, after Rhode Island, whose hospitals have banned providing infant-formula gift bags to new mothers. All 49 of the state’s maternity hospitals and birthing facilities have stopped – by choice – supplying the freebies to moms upon heading home with their newest addition. Breastfeeding advocates are ...
Archive for the ‘Pregnancy’ Category
I am not really a superstitious person, but for many of you who are — Friday the 13th is not a lucky day. The only connection that I have to the date is my parents got married on a Friday the 13th, and they are still together 30+ years now, so I don’t think it brings along [...]
Major insurance companies, including Aetna and Cigna, are asking obstetricians and hospitals to ease up the number of c-sections. Research shows that c-sections–which now account for one-in-three births in the US–can lead to increased complications as well as costs. Recent studies have showed increased risk for early (>39 ...
Here’s a really serious ‘Everyday Diaper Challenge’ – not being able to afford diapers at all. Most moms and dads – myself included – take for granted the fact that we can afford to whip off a wet or dirty diaper and put our baby’s bottom in a clean diaper. But the reality is that [...]
No, it’s not. It’s the kids-are-about-to-outnumber-the-adults-in-my-house number. Hi, I’m Macki and I’m 17-weeks pregnant with number three – that’s my bump with each of my kiddos hands. That means I’m freaking out because my husband and I can barely handle two. (How the hell did my mom raise four?). I grew up in a small [...]
Searching the Internet can be daunting at times, especially if you’re looking for “the best” of anything. Sure, it’s fun to tool around and see where the Interwebs take you, but when you’re on a mission to find that just-right site, it’s exhausting to sift through so many not-right ones – which is why I [...]
Every day that we are at the hospital, we get a new medical surprise. Sometimes they are good, and sometimes they are not so good. While Elvie is definitely on the road to recovery, it will be a long road for her, and this part of the road doesn’t even include the big surgery and [...]
I am obsessed with stripes. We just recently did them in different colors on one wall in our living room as well as in our daughters room + I’ve been in love ever since! Completely in love. They are fun, fresh + easy to do even if you don’t have a degree in interior design. One of my [...]
I regularly blog over at Babble’s Toddler Times about my two-year-old girl, Mazzy, but since I’m currently 21 weeks pregnant with my second kid, I thought I’d mix things up, swing over here and talk about my growing belly, too. (I know all of you fellow pregnant people just made a mental note of my [...]
With Olympic athletes gearing up to do their thang this summer, you’d think I’d be inspired to get out there and sweat. Not so much. Instead, these awesome athletes have inspired me to do what I currently enjoy the most: Search for baby names. There are a few that didn’t make my list simply because [...]
- 1 hour ago - I can’t deal right now, so I’m leaving BC for a bit
- 4 hours ago - Headed Home? How to Have Sex at Your Parents’ House
- 4 hours ago - 10 Weird Things You Don’t Know About Disney Theme Parks
- 4 hours ago - 14 Military Homecoming Videos That Will Make You Weep
- 7 hours ago - Camping trip: I let my kids pack their own bags
- 7 hours ago - How to make extra-creamy oatmeal in 10 minutes
- 8 hours ago - Burgers Across the U.S.
- 9 hours ago - Over-committed and stretched too thin?
- 9 hours ago - Oklahoma mom endures labor as tornado destroys hospital
- 9 hours ago - Feeding issues are more common than you may think
Find us on Facebook
- khaqedafa.livejournal.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- forever living on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- Find Out More About The Ultimate Disney World Savings Guide Here on Fall Themed Wedding Cakes
- The Beauty of Food review on 10 recipes for cleaning green
- lloyds pharmacy on 5 (free) Printables for Mother’s Day