Kevin Clash and Elmo Earlier this week parents, pundits, and Sesame Street fans were shocked to hear of the allegations against Kevin Clash, the puppeteer whose character Elmo has delighted children for decades. A man reportedly came forward, contacting Sesame Workshop, claiming that Clash had a sexual relationship with him when he was 16. ...
Archive for the ‘Parenting’ Category
Plucked turkeys are just inherently funny. When I was a kid, my mom would always make the turkey do a little dance while she was rinsing it and preparing it for Thanksgiving. It’s the wings, I think. They’re just irresistible that way. Of course now we have the joy that is the Internet for sharing [...]
I love wedding celebrations. Despite being married and having had my wedding, from time to time I still find myself browsing wedding blogs and pinning wedding images on Pinterest. I also love Thanksgiving. While I believe that it is important to be thankful and come from a place of gratitude throughout the year, I love [...]
For one awesome day, the doctors, nurses, patients and staff of Cincinnati Children’s Hospital got together to put their own spin on rapper Flo Rida’s hit song, “Good Feeling.” “Even on the days when a patient gets a depressing diagnosis or things seem to be going wrong, people at Cincinnati Children’s have ...
It's what's for dinner There are some Thanksgiving celebrations that are just too awkward to be called celebrations. Some are literally more fake than others. And some are so painfully real, you wish they were fake. The hilarious folks over at Awkward Family Photos seem to have this way of coaxing the awkward of out [...]
Luke, I am your father. (No, really, I am!) Being a military family isn’t easy on anyone. The deployed parent misses his or her spouse and kids desperately. The spouse back in the United States needs to fill the role of both mom and dad. And the kids? Well, the kids just want their absentee [...]
If you've got it, flaunt it And you thought November was famous for roasted turkeys and dark afternoons. Ha. In recent years, November and its accompanying highlights have been hijacked for a cause even more worthy than stuffing and lighter mornings: Movember. It’s now a month all about shining the spotlight on men’s health ...
Try a few of these tips on for size while you're weathering a dry spell. It happens to everybody, male or female, married or single. Every once in a while, you go through a sexual dry spell. Whether it’s because you’ve just had a baby and you’re tired as all get out or you just [...]
Celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito handing out food in Gerritsen Beach, Brooklyn It’s been nothing short of heartwarming to see all the volunteers who have helped out day in and day out in Hurricane Sandy relief efforts. Every weekend brings a new crop of ordinary citizens out to Brooklyn, the Rockaways, Staten Island, New Jersey, and [...]
My husband’s family has a tradition of playing board games each year after Thanksgiving dinner. Sometimes things get a little crazy, but everyone ends up having fun. Some good friends of ours who are married have also hosted several game nights in which the couples come together and “compete” with one another. There have also [...]
- 6 hours ago - Glow in the dark party ideas
- 6 hours ago - 10 Middle School Grad Gifts
- 11 hours ago - Boy Scouts to allow gay youth; ban on gay leaders remains
- 11 hours ago - Neanderthal tooth offers clues about breastfeeding
- 11 hours ago - Pregnancy must: Advice from other moms
- 11 hours ago - You know you’ve spent a lot of time on BabyCenter when…
- 11 hours ago - Mother’s Day replaced with "Family Day"?
- 11 hours ago - My baby doesn’t sleep all night and it’s okay
- 11 hours ago - Laundry tips from a crap housekeeper
- 11 hours ago - Summer Maternity Fashion Tips from Liz Lange
Find us on Facebook
- Eugenio on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- cigar gift ideas on Carly Fleischmann, Nonverbal Teen of ‘Carly’s Voice,’ Made to Put Away iPad During Flight
- cialis on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means
- viagra on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means
- super on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means