Main Photo: Photo by: workingmother.com Editor Painting Working moms have a lot on our plate, a plate that often doesn’t include tasty things to help us feel refreshed and revived. After work, we race to pick up the kids, go home, greet a partner (or pet), eat, get the kids to bed, check work email, [...]
Archive for the ‘Mom’ Category
What does it mean to be a mom who works outside the home? The answers to this question continually change depending on the shifts in our social and economic landscapes. Even so, the answers seem timeless. Amid the have-it-all debate that rocks our world, our friends at S’mavens, who work on strategic branding, created “Mothers [...]
Ever wonder who would star as you in the movie of your life? Whether it’s during your “working mom hero moments”, like when you get your kids off to school on time (with no tears), make the meeting on time, and deliver the proposal that knocks your boss’s socks off. Or, maybe in the less [...]
Frosty weather is here, and bulky sweaters are already in use. But is your house ready for a deep freeze? To stay safe and save money: Prevent pipes from freezing by disconnecting unused hoses and cutting off their water supply. Never leave your home without heat during the cold, or pipes could burst and flood [...]
It’s time for working mothers to realize that having it all doesn’t have to mean doing it all—all at once. Small deeds can lead to big satisfaction at home and on the job. read more Read more from source:“workingmother”
Image: Laura Schaefer We're inspired by the works of these wonderful award-winning writers, so we asked them to share the books—adult and children's—that most inspired them. Their choices are revealing, heart warming and often surprising. Read on! ReCirc Page: Family Fun 2012 Read more from ...
Chitchat over buttered dinner rolls can be cozy, but you might want to get out of your chairs and work up a sweat (no, not that … yet!). “Since most dates involve a lot of sitting—and eating—getting physical is a great and healthy change of pace,” says psychotherapist Mary Pender Greene, a relationship expert in [...]
Say om. Instead of hitting the snooze button and struggling to fall back to sleep, use those extra 10 minutes to meditate. Breathing deeply and relaxing before your feet hit the cold floor will help you align your thoughts, your day—and your energy. Ease in. Last night’s dirty dishes will only make you want to [...]
My husband and I recently realized we didn’t like each other very much. We still thought raising our children together was valuable. We were still talking about goals and what’s important to us. We were still sharing our inner challenges and personal growth. Yet we didn’t feel as close and didn’t like each other as [...]
Fall is perfect for curling up with a blanket and a good book, especially after you've read the kids their own bedtime story. Reward yourself by relaxing with five great new fall books worth your time—all written by working moms who juggle motherhood and writing. Read more from source:“workingmother”
- 5 hours ago - 12 Kid Beachwear Basics
- 6 days ago - Summer Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 9 days ago - Tiger parenting study: Kids do better with less coercion & more positive parenting
- 9 days ago - The funniest words my kid mispronounces
- 9 days ago - 5 simple ways to show grandparents you care
- 9 days ago - Tiny handprints – what will you miss as they grow?
- 9 days ago - 54 reasons my kid won’t go to sleep
- 9 days ago - 10 mom-tested tips for curing for a bad diaper rash
- 9 days ago - My kids can’t have the same childhood I had
- 9 days ago - Talking with your kids about depression
Find us on Facebook
- hunting gifts for dad on 4 eco-awesome Mother’s Day gifts
- savingsdaily.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?