by Jennifer Borget posted in Mom Stories You’ll never see a mom move as fast as she does when her child is in trouble. Earlier this week a mother leaped after her child when her stroller rolled off a Philadelphia train platform and onto the tracks below. A surveillance camera caught the whole thing. The [...]
Archive for the ‘Kids’ Category
by Scott Adler posted in Mom Stories One of the great pleasures in my life is making up stories for Stella and Theo. I love it so much that the other day I told Mrs. Dadler that I want to change my life and hit the road searching out bedtime stories that adults remember being [...]
by Jenni Buckley posted in Mom Stories A new billboard recently popped up on the Sunset Strip in Los Angeles. The billboard is an advertisement for the dating website, Cougarlife.com. Cougars, if you’re unaware, is a slang term used to describe an older woman who ‘preys’ on younger men. Your immediate reaction is probably ...
by Carolyn Robertson posted in Mom Stories I don’t want to brag, but my 3-year-old daughter Amelia should probably be the next judge on Project Runway. Heidi Klum, have your people call my people. No offense, Michael Kors, but you just can’t compete with this: This is what Amelia insisted on wearing to her big [...]
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories The number of women changing their names when they get married has been rising, according to this Huff Post piece. Another report last month said that only eight percent of American women were estimated to keep their maiden names post marriage. This number was down from 23 percent, [...]
by Katherine Martin posted in Mom Stories What can I say about food allergies? My son’s food allergies affect us every single day. From not having certain allergens in the house to hand washing constantly, we do things differently because of his allergies. When people ask me about his food allergies, I’m often not quite [...]
by Chris Cook posted in Mom Stories I love blogging for BabyCenter, but it doesn’t pay the bills so I have what some call a “day job.” In my case, however, it’s actually a day job, night job and sometimes weekend job. I work in college athletics, and a big portion of my duties include [...]
by Joey Lombardi posted in Mom Stories Driving to work the other day, I heard a story on NPR about the acceptance of stay-at-home dads. I chuckled and commented to my wife “is this still an issue?” And as if on demand, the radio shouted back at me that only 3.5% of stay-at-home parents are [...]
by Laura Larsen posted in Mom Stories And neither is my son! I think these mis-perceptions about men come from a greater overall awareness of sexual abuse: how to recognize it, and what to do about it, which really is a great thing. All kids should be taught the difference between good and bad touches, [...]
by Sabrina Garibian posted in Mom Stories Let’s talk potty training. We are on day eight of potty training our 19 month old. I’ll pause while you make your judgments, if you choose to do so. And now I’ll reply that no, he’s not too young and yes, he is ready. We introduced the potty [...]
- 2 hours ago - Look for the Teachers: They’re the Heroes Here, Too
- 2 hours ago - The Best Ways to Talk to Kids About the Oklahoma Tornado
- 2 hours ago - Is Beyonce Pregnant? 10 Baby Name Picks from the Bey Bey Generator
- 2 hours ago - 19 DIY Teacher Gift Ideas They’ll Really Use
- 3 hours ago - 6 yummy dishes for your Memorial Day menu
- 4 hours ago - Grad Gifts: Elementary School
- 5 hours ago - Would you go this far to protect your bullied child?
- 5 hours ago - Why we grieve with Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5 hours ago - Social media stress: When good posts, pins, and tweets make you feel bad
- 5 hours ago - We can help the tornado victims in Oklahoma
Find us on Facebook
- savingsdaily.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?
- Phyllis on Finally! A Swimsuit Model We Can Celebrate