by Dr. Lisa Dana posted in Mom Stories A study published in Pediatrics today finds that boys with childhood ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) are twice as likely to be overweight or obese in adulthood, as compared to boys without childhood ADHD. ADHD is described by the CDC has people who may “have trouble paying [...]
Archive for the ‘Baby’ Category
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories Sixteen-year-old Alana Hadley ran her first marathon in Cleveland yesterday. While some are marveling at the competitive grit this North Carolinian teen displays, others question the rationale of someone so young pushing their body so hard. Many major marathons, Boston and New York City included, have ...
by Kristen Chase posted in Mom Stories As a mom of four, I will heartily admit that I’m a bit of a germaphobe. Handwashing, toothbrush disinfecting. And absolutely no shoes in the house. But apparently I should be more worried about my own purse, which might be dirtier than a toilet seat. Yes, researchers at [...]
It’s hard to imagine that your wrinkled newborn will develop his personality and actually begin interacting with people, but it happens sooner than many parents expect. It only takes a few weeks and your baby begins to respond to your loving touches and affectionate words with his very own affirmation of love — a smile. [...]
Women are prone to anemia but in pregnancy they are especially susceptible. The reason for anemia in women typically is due to their periods, when they lose both iron and red blood cells. Pregnancy may be the first and only time a woman experiences anemia however. Read more from source:“thebabycorner.com”
Feeling a little dizzy and faint lately? This unexpected effect of pregnancy is experienced by a number of pregnant women. It is typically more common during the first trimester, but some women struggle with dizziness their entire pregnancy. There are several things that could be triggering your dizzy spells. Read more from ...
To understand the appearance of your newborn you first need to look where the baby’s been hanging out the last several months. He’s been floating in amniotic fluid. She’s been cramped in a space that is so small at the end she can scarcely move, unlike the earlier weeks when she could flip and kick [...]
by Stacie Lewis posted in Mom Stories In fairy tales of old – like Hansel and Gretel and Cinderella – violence and sacrifice were central to the plot. In the most shocking revelation of how modern society has reworked a traditional fairy tale, Cinderella’s stepsisters do not press their feet into a glass slipper that [...]
by Gwen Dewar, Ph.D. posted in Mom Stories What makes kids turn out the way they do? Some people say it’s mostly about genes. Others argue for the power of the environment. But the reality is complex. Research shows that genes and environmental factors aren’t just “added together” to make a person. Instead, they interact. [...]
by Jennifer Borget posted in Mom Stories You’ll never see a mom move as fast as she does when her child is in trouble. Earlier this week a mother leaped after her child when her stroller rolled off a Philadelphia train platform and onto the tracks below. A surveillance camera caught the whole thing. The [...]
- 7 hours ago - I can’t deal right now, so I’m leaving BC for a bit
- 9 hours ago - Headed Home? How to Have Sex at Your Parents’ House
- 9 hours ago - 10 Weird Things You Don’t Know About Disney Theme Parks
- 9 hours ago - 14 Military Homecoming Videos That Will Make You Weep
- 12 hours ago - Camping trip: I let my kids pack their own bags
- 12 hours ago - How to make extra-creamy oatmeal in 10 minutes
- 13 hours ago - Burgers Across the U.S.
- 14 hours ago - Over-committed and stretched too thin?
- 14 hours ago - Oklahoma mom endures labor as tornado destroys hospital
- 14 hours ago - Feeding issues are more common than you may think
Find us on Facebook
- khaqedafa.livejournal.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- forever living on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- Find Out More About The Ultimate Disney World Savings Guide Here on Fall Themed Wedding Cakes
- The Beauty of Food review on 10 recipes for cleaning green
- lloyds pharmacy on 5 (free) Printables for Mother’s Day