To understand the appearance of your newborn you first need to look where the baby’s been hanging out the last several months. He’s been floating in amniotic fluid. She’s been cramped in a space that is so small at the end she can scarcely move, unlike the earlier weeks when she could flip and kick [...]
Archive for the ‘Baby’ Category
by Stacie Lewis posted in Mom Stories In fairy tales of old – like Hansel and Gretel and Cinderella – violence and sacrifice were central to the plot. In the most shocking revelation of how modern society has reworked a traditional fairy tale, Cinderella’s stepsisters do not press their feet into a glass slipper that [...]
by Gwen Dewar, Ph.D. posted in Mom Stories What makes kids turn out the way they do? Some people say it’s mostly about genes. Others argue for the power of the environment. But the reality is complex. Research shows that genes and environmental factors aren’t just “added together” to make a person. Instead, they interact. [...]
by Jennifer Borget posted in Mom Stories You’ll never see a mom move as fast as she does when her child is in trouble. Earlier this week a mother leaped after her child when her stroller rolled off a Philadelphia train platform and onto the tracks below. A surveillance camera caught the whole thing. The [...]
by Scott Adler posted in Mom Stories One of the great pleasures in my life is making up stories for Stella and Theo. I love it so much that the other day I told Mrs. Dadler that I want to change my life and hit the road searching out bedtime stories that adults remember being [...]
by Jenni Buckley posted in Mom Stories A new billboard recently popped up on the Sunset Strip in Los Angeles. The billboard is an advertisement for the dating website, Cougarlife.com. Cougars, if you’re unaware, is a slang term used to describe an older woman who ‘preys’ on younger men. Your immediate reaction is probably ...
by Carolyn Robertson posted in Mom Stories I don’t want to brag, but my 3-year-old daughter Amelia should probably be the next judge on Project Runway. Heidi Klum, have your people call my people. No offense, Michael Kors, but you just can’t compete with this: This is what Amelia insisted on wearing to her big [...]
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories The number of women changing their names when they get married has been rising, according to this Huff Post piece. Another report last month said that only eight percent of American women were estimated to keep their maiden names post marriage. This number was down from 23 percent, [...]
by Katherine Martin posted in Mom Stories What can I say about food allergies? My son’s food allergies affect us every single day. From not having certain allergens in the house to hand washing constantly, we do things differently because of his allergies. When people ask me about his food allergies, I’m often not quite [...]
by Chris Cook posted in Mom Stories I love blogging for BabyCenter, but it doesn’t pay the bills so I have what some call a “day job.” In my case, however, it’s actually a day job, night job and sometimes weekend job. I work in college athletics, and a big portion of my duties include [...]
- 3 hours ago - Coping with disaster stress: What you need to know
- 3 hours ago - May is Better Sleep Month: 8 ways to get baby to sleep
- 10 hours ago - Pajama Party! 16 Super-Sweet Sleepover Ideas
- 16 hours ago - Happy Memorial Day! Check Out 14 Hot Military Dads
- 16 hours ago - Behind the Scenes! iVillage’s Bring Your Kid to Work Day
- 18 hours ago - Spring Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 19 hours ago - 10 things I regret teaching the kids
- 19 hours ago - Online communities deliver sanity to moms
- 19 hours ago - ADHD in childhood linked to obesity
- 19 hours ago - How young is too young to run marathons?
Find us on Facebook
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?
- Phyllis on Finally! A Swimsuit Model We Can Celebrate
- blue chip cleaning on 35 new uses for the Magic Eraser