by Jenni Buckley posted in Mom Stories My daughter speaks her own, unique language. Every kid does at a very specific time of life. It comes about somewhere in between crying as the only form of communication, and when they are able to string together coherent sentences. I’m having so much fun with my daughter [...]
Archive for the ‘Baby’ Category
by Gwen Dewar, Ph.D. posted in Mom Stories When Yale law professor Amy Chua published her personal memoir about “tiger parenting,” she stirred up a lot of controversy. Many folks were disturbed by Chua’s descriptions of intense conflict – like the scene where her 7-year-old daughter was forced to sit for hours at a piano, [...]
by Laura Larsen posted in Mom Stories As new parents, we are told time and time again, cherish these moments of babyhood, for they are but fleeting and before you know it, the babies are grown and out on their own. I remember sitting with each baby as they nursed, trying so hard to memorize [...]
by Molly Balint posted in Mom Stories There’s been a big countdown going on in our house for the past few weeks, and tomorrow morning is the big day. We will be piling in to the car and heading to the airport to pick up the girls’ grandmother. This is a particularly exciting day for [...]
by Carolyn Robertson posted in Mom Stories My 3-year-old daughter has become the queen of bedtime stalling tactics. Even though it takes a ridiculously long time to get through all of her crying, call-backs, questions, requests, demands and delays, I do have to give the kid points for creativity. Here, in no particular order, are [...]
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories Every year I dare myself to do summer renegade style: No camps, no schedule, no summer school. And every year, when faced with a blank itinerary, and the thought of blanked-faced kids looking at me as if they want to eat me, I panic. What am I so [...]
by Melissa Byers posted in Mom Stories At one time or another, our little babies’ bottoms have been hit with diaper rash. With shelves full of products promising a cure, it’s hard to know where to start and even harder to know where to go when they don’t work. One of the most commonly given [...]
by Charlie Brooks posted in Mom Stories Sara McGinnis posted a very good blog entry about Paris Jackson’s recent suicide attempt and about the dangers of depression in general. The blog got me thinking about something that seems obvious to me but that I had never really considered before: someday, I’m going to have to [...]
by Sabrina Garibian posted in Mom Stories I’m a very decisive person. When I make a decision I go for it and never look back. I tend to trust my instincts. I easily adapt to changes in my life. These are my strengths. There are so many decisions to make with parenthood. Should I give [...]
Thousands of women everyday face what should be a joyous moment in their life with trepidation and fear. Women who do not have health coverage before becoming pregnant may experience questions and doubts like these: "Will I be in debt for the next ten years just for this one pregnancy?"<br /> "Will I be able [...]
- 1 day ago - 12 Kid Beachwear Basics
- 8 days ago - Summer Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 11 days ago - Tiger parenting study: Kids do better with less coercion & more positive parenting
- 11 days ago - The funniest words my kid mispronounces
- 11 days ago - 5 simple ways to show grandparents you care
- 11 days ago - Tiny handprints – what will you miss as they grow?
- 11 days ago - 54 reasons my kid won’t go to sleep
- 11 days ago - 10 mom-tested tips for curing for a bad diaper rash
- 11 days ago - My kids can’t have the same childhood I had
- 11 days ago - Talking with your kids about depression
Find us on Facebook
- hunting gifts for dad on 4 eco-awesome Mother’s Day gifts
- savingsdaily.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?