by Carolyn Robertson posted in Mom Stories Jill Trahan-Hardy waits outside her 11-year-old daughter Harley Campos’ school room every day, ready to escort her through the halls in between classes. At recess and lunch she takes up temporary residence in the playground, where she can keep a watchful eye over her fifth grader. This may [...]
Archive for the ‘Kids’ Category
by Amy Hatch posted in Mom Stories The news of the two dozen children still missing in a Moore, Okla. elementary school following a deadly tornado there May 20 broke my heart for the second time in six months. In December, when 20 children and six educators were killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School, I [...]
by Melissa Byers posted in Mom Stories Guess what?! Social media is making us feel like bad mothers. Remember back in the day when we went to online bulletin boards with an anonymous screen name to talk with other parents about our deep, dark questions and fears? In BabyCenter’s community, which still uses screen names, you often [...]
by Erin Lane posted in Mom Stories I’m a crier. I always have been. Every emotion that comes out of my body typically ends up being manifested through tears. Sad? Obviously. Angry? Stupid tears leak out every time. Happy? Oh yeah, I cry then too. My husband, on the other hand, is not a crier. [...]
by Betsy Shaw posted in Mom Stories A tornado, reported to be 20 miles long and 1 1/4 miles wide, touched down in Moore, Oklahoma yesterday, devastating entire neighborhoods and taking lives. Most recent reports confirm that 24 people have been killed. An apparent 60 of the 240 people injured so far are said to [...]
by Amy Graff posted in Mom Stories Labor with my daughter was 12 grueling hours. Doctors finally pulled her out via a vacuum extraction. My son shot out like a rocket in one hour. My husband barely made it to the hospital. How long will labor last with my third? Every month when I have [...]
Parents love helping their little ones achieve their milestones, reach their developmental stages and grow strong and healthy. But what is the best way to help your baby learn to crawl? And is crawling really important? After all we’ve all known some child who skipped this milestone and went straight to walking. <strong>Why ...
by Gwen Dewar, Ph.D. posted in Mom Stories In the wake of the devastating tornado in Moore, Okla., we thought it would be helpful to re-post this story from Gwen Dewar. Our deepest sympathies to the families of all of the victims of this terrible disaster. Our hearts are with you today and as you recover. [...]
by Denise Cortes posted in Mom Stories May is Better Sleep Month, and I can’t think of a group of people who need better sleep more than new parents and their babies. My “baby” is already eight years old, but I can vividly remember what it was like to be sleep deprived. Most nights, I [...]
by Melissa Byers posted in Mom Stories When you’re a new parent, seeing your baby learn new things is nothing short of exhilarating! You photograph it, get it on video, share it on Facebook, blog about it, and create a great scrapbook. As they get older, though, sometimes what they pick up works against you. Moms [...]
- 2 hours ago - Look for the Teachers: They’re the Heroes Here, Too
- 2 hours ago - The Best Ways to Talk to Kids About the Oklahoma Tornado
- 2 hours ago - Is Beyonce Pregnant? 10 Baby Name Picks from the Bey Bey Generator
- 2 hours ago - 19 DIY Teacher Gift Ideas They’ll Really Use
- 4 hours ago - 6 yummy dishes for your Memorial Day menu
- 4 hours ago - Grad Gifts: Elementary School
- 5 hours ago - Would you go this far to protect your bullied child?
- 5 hours ago - Why we grieve with Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5 hours ago - Social media stress: When good posts, pins, and tweets make you feel bad
- 5 hours ago - We can help the tornado victims in Oklahoma
Find us on Facebook
- savingsdaily.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?
- Phyllis on Finally! A Swimsuit Model We Can Celebrate