It’s hot, and if your kid is anything like mine, that means they like cold treats. Daily. On the hour if possible. So, I’m obliged to come up with a few treats that I am oh-so-thrilled to serve them on a regular and ongoing basis, like these frozen yogurt drops. Much like the frozen yogurt [...]
Archive for the ‘Food & Health’ Category
Since their invention in the 50s, boxed and bagged mixes have become big business on grocery store shelves. Most often purchased for reasons of convenience – and sometimes lack of baking skills – mixes provide consistent results with minimal mess. But most mixes are simple blends of flour, sugar, flavourings and leavening agents ...
chia seed pudding This super simple recipe is one of my favorite healthy desserts: Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding. I like to make it in the evening, and place it in the fridge to chill overnight. It is delish served with fresh or frozen fruit (like frozen raspberries!) – it has a texture similar to tapioca. [...]
Photo Credit: Dessert for Two Are you drooling? I know I was when I saw these swoon-worthy brownies on my friend Christina’s site. If there were a 9 x 13 plate of those in front of me I’d probably put a huge dent in it. Good thing is Christina makes recipes scaled down for just [...]
Our summer days are waning, y’all, which means it’s high time we kick some serious summertime cooking into high gear! Whether you’re cooking on a lazy Saturday afternoon, or grilling for a crowd, here are 10 summer recipes you simple MUST have in your repertoire! Recipes that have to happen to make summer truly taste [...]
Photo Credit: Aggie’s Kitchen Squash and zucchini are everywhere right now. In your local grocery store. Maybe in your garden? They’re definitely going crazy in my garden. Which means I’m always looking for new and different ways to cook with them. Fritters are perfect for taking summer’s bounty and turning it into ...
This substantial panzanella salad is a great way to use up day-old bread from our favourite bakery. Fresh basil and cherry tomatoes from the garden make it taste like summer, and walnuts add healthy crunch. It makes an interesting salad when you get bored of the usual – and it’s vegan! Walnut Panzanella Salad California [...]
There are a few things that feel like chores around my house. One of those is laundry. It’s never done. It haunts me. I never enjoy folding it, putting it away, or watching the pile grow in the laundry hamper everyday. Blech. The other? Making lunches. It’s just one of those jobs that makes me [...]
The other day I made a big frozen hot chocolate and thought about how it reminded me of Christmas in July. That is when I realized how much I would love to enjoy the flavors of Christmas all year long. I am not about to whip up a full holiday feast, mind you, but here [...]
My garden is still in overproduction of herbs and we’ve been making all kinds of herbalicious salads. They are so satisfying in this blazing heat. In fact we haven’t really been eating much of anything that is cooked or even warm. One of our family summertime dinner favorites it to set up a meat and [...]
- 4 hours ago - Boy Scouts to allow gay youth; ban on gay leaders remains
- 4 hours ago - Neanderthal tooth offers clues about breastfeeding
- 4 hours ago - Pregnancy must: Advice from other moms
- 4 hours ago - You know you’ve spent a lot of time on BabyCenter when…
- 4 hours ago - Mother’s Day replaced with "Family Day"?
- 4 hours ago - My baby doesn’t sleep all night and it’s okay
- 4 hours ago - Laundry tips from a crap housekeeper
- 5 hours ago - Summer Maternity Fashion Tips from Liz Lange
- 7 hours ago - 15 Tips for Recording Your Baby’s Firsts on Camera
- 7 hours ago - Risks of Starting solid foods too early
Find us on Facebook
- cigar gift ideas on Carly Fleischmann, Nonverbal Teen of ‘Carly’s Voice,’ Made to Put Away iPad During Flight
- cialis on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means
- viagra on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means
- super on What today’s Supreme Court ruling really means
- khaqedafa.livejournal.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).