Are you getting the most nutritional bang out of your salad? Lots of us turn to salad for a low-calorie side or meal, but we may be adding ingredients that are surprisingly unhealthy, defeating the best of intentions from the outset. Since not all salads are equally good for you, we’ve rounded up 8 tips [...]
Archive for the ‘Food & Health’ Category
Every morning throughout the summer, I eat a bowl of thick plain or vanilla yogurt topped with crunchy homemade granola and fresh berries – raspberries from my sister’s back yard, blueberries from the market or tiny strawberries from the U-pick farm or – if I’m lucky – my back yard. I recently came across a [...]
The other day my daughter asked to make s’mores when we were in the middle of a heatwave. Of course I was intrigued by the idea but we don’t have a fire pit or anything similar at our house. Plus, I was not about to light the grill in our driveway in 90+F! Since it [...]
Photo Credit: Fields of Cake Meatloaf just got a makeover. Move over oven baked meatloaf, grilled meatloaf has come to town. I happen to love meatloaf. For me a plate of meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy reminds me of childhood family dinners and makes me smile. It’s comfort food. Like a giant food hug and [...]
Photo Credit: Mele Cotte Julia Child’s Reine de Saba avec Glacage au Chocolat Cake is not only breathtakingly beautiful it’s fork licking good. If you don’t speak French (me either) it translates to Chocolate and Almond Cake with Chocolate Icing. Either way you say it who wouldn’t want to stick a fork right into that [...]
My kids absolutely adore Yoplait Trix yogurt. They love the colors. They love the flavors. I love that there are non artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners! It’s a win win. For a special summer time treats we’ll break out the craft sticks and turn them into frozen treats. They don’t take long at all to [...]
Did you know today is National Tequila Day? In our house that usually occurs around May 5th but apparently there are other days to celebrate. The cool thing about tequila is that it can be used for so many cool things in addition to just drinking it. Yes, there are many ways to make margaritas [...]
If you’re the MacGyver type in the kitchen, fashioning your own gadgets and tools, you probably won’t care about this one simple knife tip that will keep your knives sharper. Or, if you happen to be married to a guy like Rambo who can chop his way through the jungle floor with a dull machete, [...]
There has been concern in recent years over microwave popcorn – the additives and flavorings added to the kernels as well as the use of teflon in the lining of the bags; the issue has to do with PFOA (perfluorooctanoic acid, also known as C8), which is also used to make Teflon and other stain-and [...]
It’s hot, and if your kid is anything like mine, that means they like cold treats. Daily. On the hour if possible. So, I’m obliged to come up with a few treats that I am oh-so-thrilled to serve them on a regular and ongoing basis, like these frozen yogurt drops. Much like the frozen yogurt [...]
- 15 hours ago - 9 picture books you never want your kid to read
- 15 hours ago - How children make themselves
- 15 hours ago - Mother saves baby after stroller rolls onto train tracks
- 1 day ago - Did anyone make up bedtime stories for you?
- 1 day ago - Tips for necklace making with kids
- 2 days ago - 16 Things You May Not Know Are Happening at Daycare
- 2 days ago - Work After Baby: How Giuliana Rancic and 26 More Moms Did It!
- 2 days ago - Beyonce Is Pregnant! 10 Baby Name Picks from the Bey Bey Generator
- 2 days ago - Breastfeeding sexualized by new billboard
- 2 days ago - Photos: When kids dress themselves
Find us on Facebook
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?
- Phyllis on Finally! A Swimsuit Model We Can Celebrate
- blue chip cleaning on 35 new uses for the Magic Eraser
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=M81_7KX1s3I on Stripe Trend: 14 Nurseries With Stripes
- credit counseling des moines iowa on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).