Unfortunately, I can’t quite do your Christmas shopping for you. However, I can point you in the right direction find the best place to shop for the foodie in your life. These are so of my absolute FAVORITE spots and I hope you find them as inspiring as I do. On all of these websites [...]
Archive for the ‘Food & Health’ Category
It is that time of the year again when we all dive into Christmas shopping with great gusto. I, for one, love shopping for my friends and family and have the best time seeing what kind of unique and interesting gifts I can find for them every year. Like most people I certainly don’t have [...]
Cooking the turkey at Thanksgiving can easily be the hardest and intimidating part of the whole meal. However, it doesn’t have to be that way. For the past few years we’ve been racking up quite a bit tips here on The Family Kitchen and today I’ve rounded them all up for you. These are our [...]
Now that the turkey is carved and dinner is over it is time for turkey sandwiches, turkey soup and all the leftover dishes you can think of!! Yeah! Do you like the gobbler? Turkey salad? A turkey bolognese? What is your fave – let us know. In the mean time, here are some amazing recipes [...]
Party season is coming, and there is no better gift to bring along to someone’s home than something you’ve made yourself – preferably something delicious. Creating something unique in your own kitchen is personal, inexpensive, and allows you to get the kids in on gift giving, allowing them to contribute in a creative way. ...
When it comes to Christmas gift-giving I like the idea of getting kids involved in making homemade gifts for their friends. It is much more fun and heartfelt than buying things and it gives kids a real chance to get crafty. My daughter is still in preschool but there are still many things she can [...]
With days getting shorter and the mornings chillier, there’s nothing like the smell of a warm muffin to wake the house up. A good homemade muffin is not complicated – here are a dozen easy-to-stir-together recipes that will come together with minimal effort, requiring less than 10 minutes of actual cooking time. So when everyone [...]
At around this time every year, I start pondering holiday gifts – particularly those I can make myself. I do love making big batches of jams, jellies, chutneys and preserves, but I also like the simple stuff – particularly when it’s time to go to a party and I need something last-minute to bring along. [...]
With the cold weather coming it is time to start coming up with a whole new host of craft projects for the kiddos. It could be a long winter and you don’t want to be without activities for them! Our craft projects often start in the kitchen which is why I’ve rounded up this great [...]
When it comes to Thanksgiving it is easy to focus on the big meal. It is generally common that we all wake up ready to pop the turkey in the oven, get the potatoes boiling and focus on the main event. However, there is one thing that shouldn’t be overlooked – breakfast! In our house [...]
- 2 days ago - 12 Kid Beachwear Basics
- 8 days ago - Summer Selects: Family Entertainment Options
- 11 days ago - Tiger parenting study: Kids do better with less coercion & more positive parenting
- 11 days ago - The funniest words my kid mispronounces
- 11 days ago - 5 simple ways to show grandparents you care
- 11 days ago - Tiny handprints – what will you miss as they grow?
- 11 days ago - 54 reasons my kid won’t go to sleep
- 11 days ago - 10 mom-tested tips for curing for a bad diaper rash
- 11 days ago - My kids can’t have the same childhood I had
- 11 days ago - Talking with your kids about depression
Find us on Facebook
- hunting gifts for dad on 4 eco-awesome Mother’s Day gifts
- savingsdaily.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- norelco razors on 34 Fun, Easy (and Cheap!) Easter Crafts for Kids
- wikispaces.com on Write a comment on this blog post. Save a child’s life (literally).
- make women want you on Having Trouble Finding Your Way to the Big Finish in Bed?